External Oil Pump? Anyone seen one of these before?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mks130

Reaction score
So I picked up some used parts for my bike, Anyone ever see one of these external oil pumps before, and can point me in the direction to find more information? Looks like it's key driven off the flywheel (bolt came with it).

IMG_2738.jpgIMG_2737.jpg

rotor side , replacement rotor bolt with a slot cut in it?

are you sure it for the vmax? or just a random part in the box?

Last edited:
rotor side , replacement rotor bolt with a slot cut in it?

are you sure it for the vmax? or just a random part in the box?

Could potentially be a random part in the box, but the rest seems pretty specific to a vmax. The discharge on the pump even has hose already set up for the turbo feed. IMG_2476.jpgIMG_2739 2.jpg

Didn't know it was part of a turbo setup. makes sense now. sorta. i would think it to be a return pump. feeding back into the stator cover. one hose or two on the pump?

Last edited:
Didn't know it was part of a turbo setup. makes sense now. sorta. i would think it to be a return pump. feeding back into the stator cover. one hose or two on the pump?

Just one external hose, but that would make sense that its a return pump given the oil level. I'm sure that could be a pretty risky place to put a feed pump from!

it looks like the pump is returning through the hole in the center. Still it looks like a pretty complete setup. what turbo is it? I thought garrett at first but looks like an older isuzu maybe.

it looks like the pump is returning through the hole in the center. Still it looks like a pretty complete setup. what turbo is it? I thought garrett at first but looks like an older isuzu maybe.

I have a spare turbo as well, didn't look at both closely yet but the one previously used is a Borg Warner K16-904-9. I'm still in the process of trying to track down a compressor map for it to compare it against ones others have used. I've been working my way through Joe Haile's turbocharger book on the side as well, should be interesting once I figure out where all the puzzle peices go!

Last edited:
borg warner's match-bot. I might have a map. i'll check at the shop tomorro.

Latest posts

Back