• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Extra Fuel Tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxxxer

Reaction score
Looking for an extra fuel tank to extend my range !

or any good ideas of how to adapt another tank .
thanks
Daz

I have extended fuel tanks but they require our extended swingarms. A few other options exist overseas with humped tanks to replace the faux tank cover. I had seen some years ago that put a tank in the rear seat area.

I have thought about getting two tanks that look like a nitrous oxide set up, but using them to tie into the stock fuel tank. They would need to be mounted for gravity feed, self-leveling and vented to the main tank.

We've discussed doing something similar and actually did the tanks. Just didn't tie them into the fuel tank yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5170.jpg
    IMG_5170.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5171.jpg
    IMG_5171.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 52
I have thought about getting two tanks that look like a nitrous oxide set up, but using them to tie into the stock fuel tank. They would need to be mounted for gravity feed, self-leveling and vented to the main tank.

Why not tee them(Nitrous tanks) into the pump pick up side with a shut off valve on each line? The pump should be able to pick it up. The O.E.M tank is low. That's what I'll most likely do if I ever feel the need. It would require you to stop and valve over, but you'd get going again. A nitrous bottle is expensive as hell though. There might be cheaper alternatives for sure. Fire extinguisher?

Venting is the pain. I am also ready to sell my exactrep airbox cover tank with petcock, lines, and new fuel cap. $800 shipped. Pricey, but it's $1400 from them.

Why not tee them(Nitrous tanks) into the pump pick up side with a shut off valve on each line? The pump should be able to pick it up. The O.E.M tank is low. That's what I'll most likely do if I ever feel the need. It would require you to stop and valve over, but you'd get going again. A nitrous bottle is expensive as hell though. There might be cheaper alternatives for sure. Fire extinguisher?

Yeah, maybe one of the CO2 extinguisher style bottles would work. They are tend to be more tank shaped than that of a cylinder fire bottle (domed ends).

I have a surplus military jet nitrogen bottle that was rated to 3000 psi. Just need to find a mate for it.

2h2qyjm.jpg

We've discussed doing something similar and actually did the tanks. Just didn't tie them into the fuel tank yet.

Sean,

Is there a suspension somewhere back there or did you make that a rigid frame?

It's a hard tail. The large tire actually does very well to supply some "cushion"

Back