Extra? Part, What is it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewrench

Reaction score
I don't know where this goes. I've looked all through the manual and find no mention of it. It has no paint so I think it's an internal part but ?????:ummm:

Attachments

• DSC00116.JPG
    DSC00116.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 54
Yep, bad news. It's internal alright. Holds the bottom of one of the chain guides (the two part guide that installs before the heads are mounted. I am not sure if you can install it with the heads off even.

Sean

Dont worry firewrench. Doc brown just swung by here in his delorean replacement. He had a flux capacitor strapped on the back of his oldschool vmax and told me he was in dire need of your contact info. Somehow that extra part plays a vital role in the fate of all humanity due to some sort of time mixup. Hes on his way over right now grinning ear to ear MOVING on that vmax. You have to go with him and help save the world. He told me your riding bitch though.

might wanna do a double take on that part while your back ..... then

Dont worry firewrench. Doc brown just swung by here in his delorean replacement. He had a flux capacitor strapped on the back of his oldschool vmax and told me he was in dire need of your contact info. Somehow that extra part plays a vital role in the fate of all humanity due to some sort of time mixup. Hes on his way over right now grinning ear to ear MOVING on that vmax. You have to go with him and help save the world. He told me your riding bitch though.

might wanna do a double take on that part while your back ..... then
I walk before riding bitch. Don't allow ballsack on my back and won't teabag another dude. Might ride with HPH though.
I look at this as an opportunity to re-familiarize myself with the internals of my machine again. Gotta love that "Factory Manual" though. What a turd!

End story. You MUST split the cases to install that camchain guide positioner. Good news is it only takes about 7 hours to accomplish. :bang head:I guess the manual doesn't tell you to remove it so it doesn't tell you to re-install it. My bad. :ummm:Oh well, one more trip to the dealer and awaiting exhaust from JeffB, by the way JeffB, thanks again. :punk:Should be up and terrorizing the neighborhood in two weeks.
Thanks Sean, your expertise is well appreciated once again.:clapping:Another 100 points for Sean please. :eusa_dance:

End story. You MUST split the cases to install that camchain guide positioner. Good news is it only takes about 7 hours to accomplish. :bang head:I guess the manual doesn't tell you to remove it so it doesn't tell you to re-install it. My bad. :ummm:Oh well, one more trip to the dealer and awaiting exhaust from JeffB, by the way JeffB, thanks again. :punk:Should be up and terrorizing the neighborhood in two weeks.
Thanks Sean, your expertise is well appreciated once again.:clapping:Another 100 points for Sean please. :eusa_dance:

If you are doing the work, how about documenting with pictures what is involved?

Buster, I started out taking photos and posting them but, to tell the truth, it got to be a hassle. I f'd up a couple of times and had to remove a head (after installing the cams) and then split the cases again. Lot's of extra time spent correcting my own mistakes and I just plain forgot to take more photos. My engine is a long block now so there isn't really anything to gain by taking photos from here on out, I think, maybe I'm wrong. Getting it back into the frame is going to be fun. I don't know how I'm going to accomplish that feat with the driveshaft so deep in the swingarm. We'll see next weekend...

Remove the middle gear. Removed the swingarm/drive/rear wheel and support the bike by either the centerstand or by sticking long bolts through the factory muffler mounting holes (near the pass pegs) and rest them on an Motorcycle/ATV type lift. The engine will slip right into place much easier. Then install the middle gear and shims followed by the rear arm and parts. It will be a ton simpler that way.

Sean

Remove the middle gear. Removed the swingarm/drive/rear wheel and support the bike by either the centerstand or by sticking long bolts through the factory muffler mounting holes (near the pass pegs) and rest them on an Motorcycle/ATV type lift. The engine will slip right into place much easier. Then install the middle gear and shims followed by the rear arm and parts. It will be a ton simpler that way.

Sean
Thanks Sean. Looks like I have a bit more dis-assembly to do.:eusa_dance: Hope I don't find anymore f'd up parts. It's time to ride, I'm sure.:punk:

Back