Extra port? WTH?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
OK, so I'm rebuilding a set of VMAX carbs. Actually, I have two sets, one that I'm rebuilding, and one I'm using for parts. Here's what's confusing me. One of the carb bodies has an "extra" port with the remnants of a rubber hose coming off the end of it, and I don't see this port on my 98? This appears to be an identical carb body, except for this one port. WTH is it???? Here are some pics with the area circled!

That might have something to do with the charcoal canister setup found on the California Spec'd carbs? I'm not too familiar with it but, that is my guess.

I have a set of carbs that came off an 85 California Venture and it has that port, so smog replies above seem correct.

The 83 Ventures also used that port for the TCI vacuum boost. It was only year they used vacuum source above the throttles. Went to manifold vacuum in 84.

Gary

So theoretically, if you didn't plan on hooking up a smog system, this port can just be blocked off and forgotten about? Might be a good place to plumb in some nitrous, eh? :)

So theoretically, if you didn't plan on hooking up a smog system, this port can just be blocked off and forgotten about? Might be a good place to plumb in some nitrous, eh? :)

Now you are talking!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cali carb for sure. Put a rubber cap on it and call it a day!

Back