Extra vacum port?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewrench

Reaction score
I've got an extra vacum port on the left front carb, over the throttle cable plate, under the vacum chamber cover, points down and back about 45 degrees. No hose for it that I can see. Nothing said about it in the manual.
1985 model. Should I just cap it or what? :ummm:
Thanks

Attachments

• Carbport.jpg
    Carbport.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 45
I've got an extra vacum port on the left front carb, over the throttle cable plate, under the vacum chamber cover, points down and back about 45 degrees. No hose for it that I can see. Nothing said about it in the manual.
1985 model. Should I just cap it or what? :ummm:
Thanks
LOL if my eyes are not misteken this is an pipe from float chamber.
It should be in not that direction :rofl_200:
Its ventilation and/or overflow from float chamber, nothing important i gues
and for sure its not a big deal if is turned...

They are pressed into carbs body. Its not dificult to turn them.

It could be for the EVAP canister on California models.

That's exactly what it is. Cali carbs. Should have routed down the frame rail to the cannister right above the middle gear area. Need to plug that off if not using it.

Sean

Satariel, he means ethanol alcohol blended with gasoline in varying quantities. E-15 or E-85 are the most common over here.
Thanks Sean, that's what I thought it might be, bike came from California. I'll cap it off. Don't remember seeing a cap on it when I tore it down last year. Oh well, the memory is the second thing to go, or was it the first?

Latest posts

Back