Extreme Creations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those 'slugs' threaded into the top of the tubes, to lengthen them?

Are those 'slugs' threaded into the top of the tubes, to lengthen them?

They’re not slugs, but extensions and yes. In that link is a video of installation, which is short, but shows the simplicity of them

Nice looking part. You have to be careful what triples you use as some of the aftermarket stuff won't have enough room to still stay clamped on the lower triple if you shift it a lot like that. I'm thinking something a bit shorter would end up staying flush and be more practical but they do look good!

I did a lot of measuring, and after not getting anywhere having my extensions made I looked for an alternative. That’s when I found these guys. They offered 50mm and 75mm ones and the 75mm ones where exactly what I needed. They may be a little pricey, but it gives it a clean look, well after paints done it will be a clean look. Assembly was very easy and everything went together as you would expect. I should have these forks painted and my front end back together in the next week or so, and will add more pics as things progress

I bought a pair of extensions from Extreme Creations to suit th 05 Suzuki front end that I put on my 88 MOTO Guzzi Le Mans 1000.Absolutely a fine pieces of engineering.Screwed straight in with no problems and the directions were very easy to follow and do.I think they even had a video to show you how easy it is to do.They have been making street fighter parts for year and are very well known for quality parts .I tried to upload some photos but they're too big.Cheers Kevman.

Hmm, that is interesting, as soon as I get my S10 outfitted I may go that route. I am also going to measure my S10 forks since they look like they may work and with it being a 570 lb bike they just may be GTG as is.

Hmm, that is interesting, as soon as I get my S10 outfitted I may go that route. I am also going to measure my S10 forks since they look like they may work and with it being a 570 lb bike they just may be GTG as is.

It is interesting, and glad I stumbled across it. I think the bike budget this year is pretty much spent, but next year I’ll get some springs from Sean for it, but to help stiffen it up a little I did go a little heavier on oil. Looking forward to the first ride this season. But, one thing at a time.

I think they’d be a great add on for the bike you’re building. I encourage the purchase, definitely more so knowing kevman has good things to say about them!

Looks great, shoot a couple pictures when you get her on the road.
Thanks for the link and option when I finally get around to doing the front end.

Looks great, shoot a couple pictures when you get her on the road.
Thanks for the link and option when I finally get around to doing the front end.

Will do, I think in another month... it should be back together and off the lift. Honestly can’t wait to see how it sits. Not a problem on the link..... I just happen to stumble on it by dumb luck I guess, and didn’t hesitate to purchase them. Hoping the bike sits pretty soon

0F5C816A-10FA-4FBF-89E0-0A8CF78AC16B.jpeg Here’s a pic, the only one I have right now but will post a few more when I get my carbs cleaned and can take it back out.

Back