Eye issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just figured I would post up since I have had a number of people from here check up on me. First of all thanks for the people that have emailed and called ! My retina was completely detached that is why they done surgery the same day.
It has been a month now and I am starting to see a little out the top of my eye now. I was getting excited thinking cool I should be able to see in about a week. I guess I was wrong after talking to the doc. Apparently they use 2 different kinds of gas bubbles to cover the eye depending on severity.

I talked with him today and he said mine was bad so we used the strong gas . He said it would be a minimum of 2 more weeks before I seen any more improvements but plan on 4 weeks .

Grrr I guess I should not be complaining since the vision will come back for the most part but it is very frustrating right now. I have always done mono vision contacts using my right eye for distance and left for close up and my left eye is what detached so just trying to use reading glasses here and there to see close but can't wear them all the time since they create huge headaches. I still am not able to paint or do much of any mechanical work since I can't see anything close. Oh we enough about my issues ai hope everyone else is doing fine.

The good news is that you should recover and have use of your faculties again. Like all of us, you want to carry-on daily operations, but you also realize the need to heal. Best wishes for your full recovery.

I just figured I would post up since I have had a number of people from here check up on me. First of all thanks for the people that have emailed and called ! My retina was completely detached that is why they done surgery the same day.
It has been a month now and I am starting to see a little out the top of my eye now. I was getting excited thinking cool I should be able to see in about a week. I guess I was wrong after talking to the doc. Apparently they use 2 different kinds of gas bubbles to cover the eye depending on severity.

I talked with him today and he said mine was bad so we used the strong gas . He said it would be a minimum of 2 more weeks before I seen any more improvements but plan on 4 weeks .

Grrr I guess I should not be complaining since the vision will come back for the most part but it is very frustrating right now. I have always done mono vision contacts using my right eye for distance and left for close up and my left eye is what detached so just trying to use reading glasses here and there to see close but can't wear them all the time since they create huge headaches. I still am not able to paint or do much of any mechanical work since I can't see anything close. Oh we enough about my issues ai hope everyone else is doing fine.
Good to hear your on the mend , Take Care

Hey Captain
Any chance when all is healed up that eye could be stronger and maybe clearer vision for ya, I hope so man.
I prey, alot, and have one in for you.

Yes I am going nuts. I have a good many jobs waiting. I have went out and tried to do a few things but I get frustrated and it is just not worth it.
Yes, give it time to heal, because any setback will be what Jimi Hendrix called manic depression, "a frustrating mess." Once it's healed, you can resume your work, and it sounds like you're going to have a waiting list of customers.

My best to you!

I feel your pain. Eye problems are rampant in my family. My mother had several detached retinas. Her brother had 3. My grandfather missed out on a pro baseball career due to detached retinas. I have had 7 eye surgeries. Got cataracts at age 46. My right retina detached during a routine lens replacement. A 15 minute surgery took 5 hours and 2 doctors to finish. Then several years later when having a lens replacement on my left eye they put in the wrong lens! Had to have it redone the next day. But now my vision is 40 30 right and 50 30 left. Hang in and hang on! It gets better.

Yes I am going nuts. I have a good many jobs waiting. I have went out and tried to do a few things but I get frustrated and it is just not worth it.
Helll CK,first of all I hope that your recovery is progresing day by day and that´s the most important right now..I know your frustuation about it,but now the first thing is your health...

Best wishes from Spain for a fully recovery Kyle.

Back