Eyes.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
About a couple weeks ago, I was out just as it was getting dark, walking Ricky, the Wonder Dog. Suddenly, I started seeing these fast moving black shadows darting around the edge of my field of vision. They would appear when I moved my eyes from right to left, and were only visible when I was in a nearly dark location. This went on pretty much every time I would be in a dark or semi dark place. Then, I got a huge floater in my left eye... I thought my retnia was torn or detached, so I called my eye doctor for a diagnosis. Last thing I need is a vision loss right when I retire.

The eye doctor gave me a really thorough exam, and told me what had happened was that the membrane in my left eye that contains the fluid had started to rupture. Sounds worse than it is... The eye goop doesn't leak out, and the eye still works fine. In fact, it is common in folks that live to my advanced age. The membrane will eventually totally detach from the retnia and shrink somewhat. As it floats free, it may become less noticeable. He wants to have another look in about a month to check for any sign of torn retnia. This is a rare occurance, but the membrane deterioration happens to almost everyone eventually. If there is no complication by mid June, the process is done, and things get back to a new normal.

Then the right eye will probably do the same thing. Sucks getting old!

Attachments

• IMG_20150104_162343.JPG
    IMG_20150104_162343.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 21
Keep your chin up Bill, when I was 14 I wrecked my bicycle and smashed my tear duct. My eye cries tears constantly- I asked the eye doctor what should i do and he said "keep your chin up".

On this past Easter Sunday the hearing in my left ear went from normal (for Me) to zero in about 20 minutes. I have always been deaf on the right side.
Now I'm looking at a cochlear implant.

Old age is not for the weak.

Same thing happened to me about 6 years ago and i just turned 50 in Feb... Freaked me out, till I did a lot of investigating on-line.. Fount it to be quite common.. It went away in about 3 weeks time..

I hope you get through this with flying colors, Bill, and all ends up even rosier than your eye doc explained. For sure, this is not the time when you want any problems.

I think everyone should be born old, and with complete knowledge of the world. Then, as we age, we actually get younger and younger until at some point, we end up babies in diapers again. That way, I think we'd have a whole lot more fun in the years when we could actually take advantage of it.

I hope you get through this with flying colors, Bill, and all ends up even rosier than your eye doc explained. For sure, this is not the time when you want any problems.

I think everyone should be born old, and with complete knowledge of the world. Then, as we age, we actually get younger and younger until at some point, we end up babies in diapers again. That way, I think we'd have a whole lot more fun in the years when we could actually take advantage of it.

And give up the two+ decades of being a dumb kit doing stupid shit? What would be the fun in that? :punk:

I got bilateral adhesive capsulitis a few years back. The pain was so bad and intractable that I had to have my wife help me shower and dress, had to sell my precious tuned SAAB 9-5 because it was to painful to shift, couldn't get on a bike for 3+ years. Now it's mostly gone but lingering in the left at times and Dr. says the physical trauma kick started an onset of Fibromyalgia. I'm still thankful because it's a Dx that wont shorten my life but it would be nice if there were some effective treatment for it. Sometimes my elderly clients walk easier than I do and I'm not even 50 yet. BUT, I can still ride!! :bike1:

I hate getting old. Everything hurts or doesn't work. But it is what it is for me.
Good Luck Bill. Prayers

Thanks, Zeus. Good information, and is the same basic explanation my eye doctor gave me. Your info helped ease my worry...

Back