Facebook Admits to letting Spotify and Netflix access users private messages

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
This isn't surprising. Hopefully by now folks know that all the big tech giants collect and share any and all of your data. NOTHING is sacred. I wonder what people are going to do when they find out what sites like 23 and Me and Ancestry.com are doing with everyone's information.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fac...nd-spotify-to-access-private-messages-2018-12

Facebook has acknowledged allowing other companies, namely Spotify and Netflix, to access millions of people's private messages.

Responding to a bombshell New York Times report from Tuesday on how Facebook shared user data with partners over the years, the company said it had given third-party companies extensive access to messages.

No surprise at all.
I'm guessing that somehow the apps on my Amazon Firestick are recording audio and/or video from my home. I watch TV in a tinfoil hat and tighty whiteys.
I don't agree with it but they can watch/listen all they want. They aren't going to find anything interesting.

The shocker is it took so long for it to come out, another shocker is I'll bet the vast majority of users will shrug it off and keep right on going. I've been doing a lot of "I told you so" lately.

This isn't surprising. Hopefully by now folks know that all the big tech giants collect and share any and all of your data. NOTHING is sacred. I wonder what people are going to do when they find out what sites like 23 and Me and Ancestry.com are doing with everyone's information.

Facebook has acknowledged allowing other companies, namely Spotify and Netflix, to access millions of people's private messages.

Responding to a bombshell New York Times report from Tuesday on how Facebook shared user data with partners over the years, the company said it had given third-party companies extensive access to messages.

You touched on something important here. There have been other stories in the news about guys sending their DNA off, and that later makes it possible for relatives, or kids you didnt know you had, to look you up. Let that part about kids sink in. Men who do this can get snagged by someone looking for their "father" which could at best be inconvenient, or more likely lead to a metric fuckton of back child support and drama untold.

If you were ever a sperm doner or just a little careless in college or whatnot, and you send your DNA in to be matched up with all the bullets you may have dodged previously. I'm not promoting being a deadbeat but as we all know when someone becomes pregnant, that person has options and choices galore, but the"father" involved has only responsibility, and plenty of it.

None of these services are designed for men, and in these cases can be quite detrimental. Put Facebook with any DNA sight and it's a good time to step back and reevaluate whats really important.

Sorry about the hijack but this is important subject matter

No surprise at all.
I'm guessing that somehow the apps on my Amazon Firestick are recording audio and/or video from my home. I watch TV in a tinfoil hat and tighty whiteys.
I don't agree with it but they can watch/listen all they want. They aren't going to find anything interesting.

It's not a surprise. I always find it interesting how so many folks are very opposed to the government having access to the same information everyone is willing to give to billion dollar corporations without even blinking an eye. Im not saying you're one of those folks. I'm just making an observation in general. I'm not a fan of either getting my data. I've got nothing to hide. But if a corp is gonna make money off my data... I better get a cut.

Last edited:
The shocker is it took so long for it to come out, another shocker is I'll bet the vast majority of users will shrug it off and keep right on going. I've been doing a lot of "I told you so" lately.

You touched on something important here. There have been other stories in the news about guys sending their DNA off, and that later makes it possible for relatives, or kids you didnt know you had, to look you up. Let that part about kids sink in. Men who do this can get snagged by someone looking for their "father" which could at best be inconvenient, or more likely lead to a metric fuckton of back child support and drama untold.

If you were ever a sperm doner or just a little careless in college or whatnot, and you send your DNA in to be matched up with all the bullets you may have dodged previously. I'm not promoting being a deadbeat but as we all know when someone becomes pregnant, that person has options and choices galore, but the"father" involved has only responsibility, and plenty of it.

None of these services are designed for men, and in these cases can be quite detrimental. Put Facebook with any DNA sight and it's a good time to step back and reevaluate whats really important.

Sorry about the hijack but this is important subject matter

I'd say don't be surprised if within the next 10 years there aren't investigative reports showing some folks who did those DNA tests either get denied medical insurance for a "pre-existing condition" they've never been diagnosed as to having by a Dr or just paying higher premiums for their health insurance.

I'd say don't be surprised if within the next 10 years there aren't investigative reports showing some folks who did those DNA tests either get denied medical insurance for a "pre-existing condition" they've never been diagnosed as to having by a Dr or just paying higher premiums for their health insurance.

Wait until health care insurance and treatments are targeted advertisements based on your DNA profile kept at your favorite social media HQ. New scams and scare tactic advertising are just ahead. If there is ANY way this info can be used against us, dont we suppose that it will?

Not leaving FB is like not leaving Wells Fargo, it defies explanation. I just cant wrap my mind around how such greasy conduct is tolerated by consumers, even for a second. I'll bet they got legal permission from each user to do exactly what they are doing. What % of folks do we really think even skimmed and got a loose understanding of what is contained in the EULA of these free services?

Back