Factory mix screw position off?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetFixr

Reaction score
So quick question on the carb mix screws. I removed the factory brass blocker plugs to do the shotgun cleaning technique.
While determining how many turns they were adjusted to I found one in an odd position.
These are my findings:

Right front 1 1/4
Right rear 1/4
Left front 1 5/8
Left rear 2

Does Right rear at 1/4 turn seem like something the factory could have set since the blocker plugs weren't tampered with previously? I'm wondering if there was some crud built up that may have given me a false reference. Bike is now running ok but idle is a bit finicky. Do you think I should stick with the 1/4 turn or try something else?

The carb sync tool came in yesterday so I had been test riding prior to that without them synced. I synced them this morning and took it for a spin. Wow, surprised it made that much of a difference to throttle response. If that screw was in the wrong position would it have effected the synch?

It did seem the slides were making a chuffing sound while accelerating from idle prior to doing the synch.

The idle mixture is set at the factory using a CO meter so (in theory) should be correct.

However, as you say the right rear does seem strange but the only way to confirm this would be to measure CO on that cylinder.

Having the mixture screw too far in wouldn't affect the synchronisation but would affect the idle.
I would be inclined to leave the others where they are but have a twiddle with the RR and see if the idle improves.
If it makes it worse you can always go back to the original setting

Ok cool, that makes sense. Will fiddle around with the screw adjustment and see how it reacts. Thanks to everyone for the advice!

So quick question on the carb mix screws. I removed the factory brass blocker plugs to do the shotgun cleaning technique.
While determining how many turns they were adjusted to I found one in an odd position.
These are my findings:

Right front 1 1/4
Right rear 1/4
Left front 1 5/8
Left rear 2

Does Right rear at 1/4 turn seem like something the factory could have set since the blocker plugs weren't tampered with previously? I'm wondering if there was some crud built up that may have given me a false reference. Bike is now running ok but idle is a bit finicky. Do you think I should stick with the 1/4 turn or try something else?
Left front #2 has no adjust w respect to vacuum. Trim #1 to match #2, trim right front #4 to #3 rr, middle screw to sync both sides together and the idol down.

Left front #2 has no adjust w respect to vacuum. Trim #1 to match #2, trim right front #4 to #3 rr, middle screw to sync both sides together and the idol down.
Throttle locking mech needs to be totally free from hindering throtle movement.

Latest posts

Back