Factory Pro Needles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggohead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for so help adjusting the 95". It has holeshot 4-2 exhaust, single oval K&N filter( I took off the Y, hoping to get a little more air). I pulled slides to night, they are drilled, needles were on third clip. Springs look stock. Air/fuel screws were maybe 1 turn out if that.

I put clips on second from blunt end like other bike, and screws to 2 1/2 turns. Not sure if this should be a good setup. I will try to sync then carbs tomorrow.
Anyone else out there with holeshots and factory pro needles?

Backstory on bike: Blue Bayou- I won bike at Thunder in the Valley, no clue what has been done. Front Air fuel screws were full of dirt. I am cleaning everything as I go through it. Fork seals replaced, diff oil, engine oil, and spark plugs changed, K&N filter put in. Bike averaged 24 MPG 2 weeks ago. Oh and it needs a new rear tire...lol which can wait until spring....

OK. ....sorry I thought that you had a stage 7 kit...or sean's kit. I had the factory air box, minus the y, with a kerker 4-1. On a wild hair...I decided to put in factory pro needles that I had. With my a/f meter hooked up, at 3000 rpm I would go to wide open throttle. The reading would go down into the 9's. This was with 150 main jets.

Also are you certain they are FP needles? Stock springs are 7 inches long, and stage 1/7 springs are 5 inches long.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

With the stock air box in place the most aggressive needle I could run was stage 1's, but even then on the first clip from the blunt end. Those would dip to about 10.8 A/F wise.

Attachments

• FP needles.JPG
    FP needles.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 16
Thanks Tramahawk, I did find this pic on my phone when I was trying to see what needles were in the bike. It would let me post the pict or attach it to the post.. Hopefully get a custom lid CNC'd this winter. I had one drawn up but due to the machine is used at school here. Instructor had no time to fab it for me..Guess making the breather won't be too hard either. lol I am excited toying with the bike and checking out Mods.. my only issue is $$$. There have been a bunch of people telling me if I sold it it would give me a bunch of $$$ for other mods to the 90. I would like 2 totally different bike.. One for Play and one longer trips...

Trama. I do have Sean's kit on my 90. Lol I am the proud owner of 2 bike now I bought three tickets at Thunder and came home with a 95 also. Just don't know too much history on the bike mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back