FANTASTIC weather kicks ass...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
except when your ride is in pieces all over the garage :bang head:

I'm gonna have to knock off work early today to get to work putting her back together. I'm worried that I bit off more than I can chew - everything is in marked baggies, but I think the rebuild job is going to take me a lot longer than the take-down job.

Get ready VmaxForum, for some "where does this bolt go?" questions! :clapping:

supposed to be 50 here. fuck yall i'm riding!

bastard... ;)

Got most of the ass end back together this afternoon. Someone said something about sealed bearings for the wheels? I take it they are not OEM - where can I get some from?

bastard is right, roads half rocks/sand, ice and still way too cold for the scooter, dam you garrett dam you :teeth angry:

except when your ride is in pieces all over the garage :bang head:

I'm gonna have to knock off work early today to get to work putting her back together. I'm worried that I bit off more than I can chew - everything is in marked baggies, but I think the rebuild job is going to take me a lot longer than the take-down job.

Get ready VmaxForum, for some "where does this bolt go?" questions! :clapping:
I'm with ya Dave I'll help ya where I can, I need the practice for my reassembly.:punk:
While the weather is going to be nice here too (high 30's) the only thing I'll get to do is xcountry skiing or maybe I'll grab the .22 and snowshoes then head out to the marshes to hunt some rabbits. Have a good ride Garrett and get some pics for the rest of us!

bastard... ;)

Got most of the ass end back together this afternoon. Someone said something about sealed bearings for the wheels? I take it they are not OEM - where can I get some from?

OEM ones should be sealed. if not you can also do the cheapo ebay ones. i picked up two sets one set for the front wheels which included dust seals plus another set which included the regular bearing for the rear plus the two front ones. all for cheaper than it would have been for the 2 bearings 2 dust seals and one rear bearing. i then sold the spare 2 front bearings to heretic for $10 i think.

bastard is right, roads half rocks/sand, ice and still way too cold for the scooter, dam you garrett dam you :teeth angry:

yea we still got some sand but not much.

Bite Me! :bang head: it's in baggies

not my fault man!

I'm with ya Dave I'll help ya where I can, I need the practice for my reassembly.:punk:
While the weather is going to be nice here too (high 30's) the only thing I'll get to do is xcountry skiing or maybe I'll grab the .22 and snowshoes then head out to the marshes to hunt some rabbits. Have a good ride Garrett and get some pics for the rest of us!

thanks brian!

The weathers great here in jersey too! But my wife and I just had a baby so I wont be getting the bike out of the garage any time soon. But I sure did get the itch too when I fealt the weather. If only we lived in India we could have brought the baby home from the hospital on the max :confused2:

Sunny and 67F today in Dallas, boys. Hide the children! :eusa_dance:
I could go for that too right about this time of year with cabin fever settin' in! Hmmm, maybe I'll just load up Redbone and the 42 baggies/ boxes full of parts, each one with a brief description of location/ purpose written on it, backed up with a photograph from 3 different angles, then head to Sean's shop to put her back together there! Hmmm????
I could then ride down to take a few laps of DFW w/ Jayhawk and m-cman, scoot on over to see Rusty and the Houston gang!
I only have a couple things stopping me......time and money!:bang head:

I could go for that too right about this time of year with cabin fever settin' in! Hmmm, maybe I'll just load up Redbone and the 42 baggies/ boxes full of parts, each one with a brief description of location/ purpose written on it, backed up with a photograph from 3 different angles, then head to Sean's shop to put her back together there! Hmmm????
I could then ride down to take a few laps of DFW w/ Jayhawk and m-cman, scoot on over to see Rusty and the Houston gang!
I only have a couple things stopping me......time and money!:bang head:

Bring it on down, Redbone, baggies and all. A few beers, and we'll have 'er put together in no time. :biglaugh:

Supposed to break into the 50's this week. Once I get home for spring break, I'm going for a ride! Then I'll do the starter clutch fix(cross fingers...loose bolts loose bolts loose bolts NO WHAMMY broken cage).

That and put a new o-ring in the rad's drain petcock....it's still a little drippy. If I have to pull that out and the rad drains, will I have to bleed the system, or just refill from the cap and it'll take care of itself? The drain is higher than the pump, so I wouldn't think air-lock will be a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnU-1Y7dAs

The Spunky Monkey Lives. I rode 400 miles last weekend. At lets say an energetic pace. When I got home the orings on the water pump let loose. And sprayed anti-freeze all over the garage. I broke it all down and got it back together just in time for this wondeful weather. This Saturday I am riding from Wilkes Barre Pa to Omaha Nebraska. Lets hope the weather holds out. And the RatMax holds together.

they say a picture is worth a thousand words.mid fifties today!:clapping::punk:

Attachments

• P3060146.jpg
    P3060146.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
did only about 50-60 miles. didn't get on the raod until about 3:30 tho. life got in the way!

Garret,didnt even take it on the road,reset the map and zipped up and down the driveway,kinda made me feel like dannymax(LOL)if your out tommorrow might want to check out my "project"its "shaping "up nicely.

Back