Fast Cruiser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
Met some guy on the road today and we exchanged a few pleasantries. He had a cruiser twin with flames on the tank and I could see no other identification. We raced for a short stretch and I left him but not as bad as I thought because he wasn't far behind in the mirror. Anybody have any idea what bike this might have been?

i know someone with a kawasaki vulcan, im not sure what size engine but i know its pretty quick, and it sounds pretty badass too. It has what i THINK is stock flames on the tank. I know the honda shadow sabre 1100's have flames stock from the factory but they are turds. hmmmm

Met some guy on the road today and we exchanged a few pleasantries. He had a cruiser twin with flames on the tank and I could see no other identification. We raced for a short stretch and I left him but not as bad as I thought because he wasn't far behind in the mirror. Anybody have any idea what bike this might have been?

Could you tell if it was a Harley motor or a Japanese motor in it? Some of the custom made cruisers put out decent HP numbers. Or maybe it was a Ducati! LOL.:rocket bike:

Don't think it was a Harley cause they have their name on the tank. These cruisers are all lookalikes. We left the light and I shifted to second gear when suddenly it was obvious that he had his foot in it. I shifted at 8K not feeling it was necessary to go higher, racing a twin but this thing was pretty fast. Before the short race, he made a comment that he's buddy has an older Max and in their day they were fast. Thinking about that statement now, makes me wonder if he thought that he could actually beat a Max?

I've seen something like it in magazines but now I can't find one. I would hate the thought of getting beat by a run of the mill twin in the near future.

Its easy to loose a race when you don't even know that you are racing.

One time I stated that if there is a known faster bike beside you that you can surprise him by ignoreing him till the light turns green then give it hell for a few gears then get out of it.A short quick race is easy to win this way.By the time he figures out what happened it is too late.

I have even street dragged against another vmax at a light.Half a second slower reaction time equals 30 feet behind instantly.

Its easy to loose a race when you don't even know that you are racing.

One time I stated that if there is a known faster bike beside you that you can surprise him by ignoreing him till the light turns green then give it hell for a few gears then get out of it.A short quick race is easy to win this way.By the time he figures out what happened it is too late.
Hell I beat guy on an 04 R1 that way.

That was fun.

I'm thinking that the bike I ran had to be a Warrior from the flames on the tank. Looks like they ARE pretty fast. They run the 1/4 in one second slower, have a close ratio gear box, 1700cc, injected and weigh about the same as my Max. Come on Yamaha, bring out the ANNIHILATOR so we can destroy the Destroyer.:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back