Fastest Bikes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the gen 1 now ranks about 25th as far as fastest bikes go. Does anyone know where to find or would be able to make a list from fastest down to about 30th just so we know which bikes to look out for so we can tell if it's the bike or the rider or both that we run against. Thanks, Ed

I've heard the same about our Gen 1's but there are exceptions to every rule. Some gen 1's are making monster HP and Torque Numbers... So, any qualification for fastest bikes has to be based on stock bikes... That said, There are several 600's that'll kick most of our butts...:sad2:

i cant take credit for this, but i cant remember if i found this here or on another website but... i hope this helps ive found it VERY interesting.

peace,
evan...

Attachments

• bike perf index 2008.pdf
    381.7 KB · Views: 121
i cant take credit for this, but i cant remember if i found this here or on another website but... i hope this helps ive found it VERY interesting.

peace,
evan...

Yep, that's what I was looking for. Thanks, Ed

That is Cool, all we need is the new version and we can figure out where our VMax's fit..:biglaugh:

Considering the age and available technology in 85 , our Gen 1's are pretty much dinosaurs . They DO however top the list of cult bikes...:punk:

Considering the age and available technology in 85 , our Gen 1's are pretty much dinosaurs . They DO however top the list of cult bikes...:punk:

Well then, start buying as many as you can with low miles and in stock condition and packing them in the barn. One day we will see them rolling across the Barret Jackson stage at a pretty penny.

by the way, I checked. we don't even get mentioned till page 9.

here's the list from Jan 2010. gen II made number 1 in RWHP and number 4 in torque

Attachments

• 2010JanIndex.pdf
    200 KB · Views: 46
Well how about that?!?! It says the top speed on a Gen2 is 137.6 and a Gen 1 is 145 mph!!! Is it possible they have that much of a limiter on the Gen2? If they do that would have to be the first thing to go. That can't be right!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, there's some interesting trends there. Notice how the entire HD lineup has considerably fewer "black circles" than the others.

What's with the speed limiter on the gen2? Lame. I thought the "generally accepted" top speed for bikes was 186mph/300km or something? That's where the big bore sportbikes all poke out.

Sheesh, the Gen2 doesn't even rank in the top 10 for best 1/4 mile?

And who woulda thought a valkyrie would be placed in the top 10 for stopping?

Sheesh, the Gen2 doesn't even rank in the top 10 for best 1/4 mile?

And who woulda thought a valkyrie would be placed in the top 10 for stopping?

That is a crime, they should have built the new Vmax with the same mindset as the Gen1 to be the baddest ass bike on the planet. They took dead aim at the V65 magna and came right out and said it. It's a shame they didn't even seem to try to be the Undisputed King. But I guess we'll always be able to say in it's day the Vmax (Gen1) was the true Muscle Bike King. They didn't even make them the fastest Yamaha. It just sucks that they gear towards those uncomfortable, no personality, seen one seen'em all sportbikes. Someone needs to rethink muscle bikes like they did back in 84 and reclaim the title. Worlds fastest motorcycle. Ed

I, for one am glad the Vmax dosen't have fairings like a sport bike. I hate it that the engines are hidden from view. The plastic bikes are faster are faster but who cares, I like the acceleration rush!
They should have made the Vmax better suited to be one of the top 1/4 mile bikes, major miss there for sure!

That is a crime, they should have built the new Vmax with the same mindset as the Gen1 to be the baddest ass bike on the planet. They took dead aim at the V65 magna and came right out and said it. It's a shame they didn't even seem to try to be the Undisputed King. But I guess we'll always be able to say in it's day the Vmax (Gen1) was the true Muscle Bike King. They didn't even make them the fastest Yamaha. It just sucks that they gear towards those uncomfortable, no personality, seen one seen'em all sportbikes. Someone needs to rethink muscle bikes like they did back in 84 and reclaim the title. Worlds fastest motorcycle. Ed

And thats why I think vmx17 is a worthless toy with no soul.

Latest posts

Back