Fastest (observed) top speed on the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
What is the fastest you have traveled (observed top speed) on your V-Max?

So far it's about 80mph for me... still breaking it in and establishing that initial relationship of trust!

Pegged many of times at 155 and still climbing with NOS.
I will admit its white knuckles after 135MPH on the VMAX. its comfortable cruising at 120MPH but something about once you hit 135 on the Speedo it gets interesting.
In all actuality. with speedo error, if your speedo is reading 155 your doing around 147

ive had blasts up to 140 a couple times, once the front end got a little wobbly so no more. Think my butthole puckered so tight it inverted itself

ive had blasts up to 140 a couple times, once the front end got a little wobbly so no more. Think my butthole puckered so tight it inverted itself

Yupp the VMAX will wobble drift lanes near 140 with the front end stock sitting up in the air like a Caddilac coming out of the hood with dubs on and hydraulics pumped up in the front.
Strap it down and its a diffferent bike at top speeds

Fastest observed on mine has been 145 several times.

It gets a little less than confidence inspiring past 135 tho'

I run it up to 115-125 on almost a daily basis on the way home from work; got a nice long strectch of limted access highway with no possible hidey holes for the po-po, been doing it a long time now and knock on wood but no po-po yet...

Rusty

Yea, I've had mine to 10,000 on the tach with the regular trans. Need more power with the overdrive to pull it higher which is about to be cured (1500cc). The overdrive will take it over 200mph according to the dyno rollers.

Sean

I've had mine to 151MPH indicated a couple times. Don't know what that equivilates to in real MPH, but it does require a certain amount of attention to keep it in a single lane and conditions must be perfect with not a lot of cross wind.

I don't feel like I'm really riding it properly if I don't hit 120 while passing a car.

Great description of a place I've been to before...usually mine is triggered by a 12 oclock wheelie that comes out of nowhere.

Frank

Mine on the dyno rollers in top gear said 165, I've had mine tach'd out to 10,500 in top gear, so whatever that is. Didn't change lanes or have any head shake.

Just a touch over 120mph this morning on the way into work... Dropped a gear to pass and REALLY rolled on the throttle, boost kicked in, and DAMN.... :D Just couldn't bring myself to ease on the gas with the G-force climbing like that...

Talk about "morning wood"....

As you were... ;)

I've only ridden mine once since I bought it thanks to lousy weather but I let it pull to 115. It picked on a little shimmy and I got out of it but it was still pulling hard.

I've got to get my front end lowered!

No triple digits for me - way too urban around here for high speeds - it doesn't help that Florida is trying to pass a law that hands out HUGE fines & even confiscation for bikes going more than 50 mph over posted speed limit. Cars & SUV's are hands off, but if you do it on a 'MAX or a c-rocket, they take your ride - sounds like BS to me - I'll just keep tearing up the streets from light to light for now...

I have been up to 140 as timed by my brothers 2004 FZ1 speedometer, my speedometer was reading around 145. I had on a large windshield and stock suspension so it was a little shaky but it probably was just from wind buffeting. I think I had a little left so maybe 145ish with a lowered suspension, drag bars, Seans reworked seat and small Givi "instrument cowl" type windscreen this year.

Last edited:
I need to tighten the head on mine. I'll only run it sustained up around 120. Changing lanes at that speed makes the head shake too badly.

Mine is rock solid at WFO.You definately need to duck down as low as you can get to stay out of the wind.It will buffet and shake the bike badly trying to sit straight up.

You definately need to duck down as low as you can get to stay out of the wind.It will buffet and shake the bike badly trying to sit straight up.

I agree. It's cool how my having put the drag bar on so easily facilitates such a better position. (Duh, hence the term Drag Bar, huh!) :)

About 110 indicated...once. That was enough. I am not a big top speed junkie. I am usually done and shut down at the top of 3rd, and still below 100.

To be honest, I have been kicking around the idea of stepping down from the throne of the Max to something much slower. I don't know, I find it hard to ride the Max without getting on it. And, I just feel like I don't need to go that fast anymore. :confused2:

Mike

Latest posts

Back