Fat in the middle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Canuck model with the adjustable needles. I had it dyno'ed this weekend and am coming up real rich from 4200-5600RPM. Its off the charts (below 10:1). I have the c-clips for the needles adjusted to the last, most lean slot. Are there thicker needles that I can put in to tune this? From 3000-4200 and 5600 and on, it is a tad rich, but it was 96.06 degrees with 32% humidity when it was dyno'ed so I am not too concerned about that, only the mid-section. I have already consulted Mark Milne about this and he spit on my bike and told me that it was a POS and that I should sell it. :smileystooges:

(I mistyped originally, it is on the last slot toward the BLUNT end)

I have a 2003 Canuck model with the adjustable needles. I had it dyno'ed this weekend and am coming up real rich from 4200-5600RPM. Its off the charts (below 10:1). I have the c-clips for the needles adjusted to the last slot near the point. Are there thicker needles that I can put in to tune this? From 3000-4200 and 5600 and on, it is a tad rich, but it was 96.06 degrees with 32% humidity when it was dyno'ed so I am not too concerned about that, only the mid-section. I have already consulted Mark Milne about this and he spit on my bike and told me that it was a POS and that I should sell it. :smileystooges:

Doesn't moving the clip closer to the tapered end of the needle richen the A/F ratio? Been so long since I've played with carbs, but I think that's right. :confused2: I'm used to just plugging my bike into a laptop these days.

Yep, throw the bike away......:eusa_dance:

I wouldn't worry too much about it....mine is the same way except it was between 3-4000 rpm. Could be the dyno wasn't cleaned/calibrated.

Mark

Hmmm, didn't think of that. I would've figured it would have run rich all the way up to the top end. I think it's an '03 with stock Canuck needles so wouldn't think the needle jets to be wearing already.

Mark

Latest posts

Back