Fatmax bellypan mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
Has anyone here who has a Fatmax bellypan ever had issues with ground clearance? If I lean into a turn too much, I scrape the pan on the ground. And, I just noticed the other day that the front 2 mounts for the bellypan have busted in half....I'll give Roger a call and see if I can get new ones, but this thouldn't be happening in the first place.

Might have to switch to a different style bellypan :damn angry:

I have no issues. My bike is stock ride height.

I know you can mount the pan in a multitude of positions. Mine is as high as it will go and as far back as it will go.

No issues here, I'm about an inch low in the front. I haven't scraped yet and we have some hellacious potholes and frost heaves up here.

Has anyone here who has a Fatmax bellypan ever had issues with ground clearance? If I lean into a turn too much, I scrape the pan on the ground. And, I just noticed the other day that the front 2 mounts for the bellypan have busted in half....I'll give Roger a call and see if I can get new ones, but this thouldn't be happening in the first place.

Might have to switch to a different style bellypan :damn angry:

I think COPRUNNER had this problem and had to go to stock length rear Progressives instead of the lowered ones.

Re: Fatmax belly pan mounts

I think COP RUNNER had this problem and had to go to stock length rear Progressives instead of the lowered ones.[/QUOTE]
DANNY'S CORRECT , AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ADMIT IT ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200: .. MY FRONT END IS LOWERED EXACTLY 1 INCH & MY REAR A 1/2 INCH , THE BELLY PAN NEVER SCRAPED ON THE RIGHT SIDE BUT A COUPLE OF TIMES WHILE TURNING SHARP TO THE LEFT & CARRYING SOME SPEED WHICH COMPRESSES THE SUSPENSION , IT WOULD JUST SCRAPE A LITTLE , SO I WENT BACK TO 13 INCH STOCK HEIGHT PROGRESSIVES IN THE BACK , BUT I LEFT MY FRONT END LOWERED AND THAT ELIMINATED THE PROBLEM & ALSO I LIKE THE BACK UP THE 1/2 INCH , I THINK IT LOOKS BETTER & ITS MUCH EASIER FOR ME TO GET IT ONTO THE CENTER STAND ! ... BY FAR ROGERS PAN IS THE HIGHEST QUALITY AND THE BEST LOOKING FOR A V-MAX IMO ! .. :punk:

I dont how any of you lower your Vmax's. I need every bit of clearness I can get. Especially going two up in the twistys. Or even one up or leaning down, whatever, that rear end compresses hard. Just like my brother-n-laws drinking ability, he's sleeping sitting on couch now. haha

Yeah, I'm lower a bit in the rear so that probably explains most of my problems. I think I have Progressive 11.5" shocks on the rear, but I'm not positive.

I would take the pan off, but it makes the bike look SO DAMN GOOD!!!

Back