Faux gas tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatslide

Reaction score
What does the market look like to pick up one of these top tanks? I'm contemplating a project, so owning a second faux tank will allow me to ride while getting the tank modded.

The tank that I'd like to buy or trade for is black, and in excellent shape both inside and out. Let me know what's up, and thanks in advance for your reply.

What does the market look like to pick up one of these top tanks? I'm contemplating a project, so owning a second faux tank will allow me to ride while getting the tank modded.

The tank that I'd like to buy or trade for is black, and in excellent shape both inside and out. Let me know what's up, and thanks in advance for your reply.
If you're unsuccessful locating one here there are plenty on Ebay normally, look for Pinwall Cycles.

You should be able to find a "painter" which is a lid with some scratches or shallow dent or two from fifty to seventy five bucks. Try to see if you get the latching mechanism with it. Clean ready to use lids are 100 bucks and up. I got a nice 2006 for 75 and that was a great price. I got a brand new one for 140 and that was a good buy. If there ain't one on eBay this week, there will probably be one next week.

I probably ought to have asked if the piece is available through Yamaha parts counters. I would ideally want the latch for it too.

I was having a look at the U.K. Extracep site, and they sell three different versions, probably without the hardware. One is carbon fibre, another is unpainted with a "fluted" design, and the third, and least costly is a copy of the original and paint ready too.

I have one off my maroon 85, it has a dent/crease in the side with no hardware at all, just the shell. Cheap......

I appreciate the offer, though it needs a bit more time and effort than I can muster.

There is one on ebay rignt now.. Item #270554862787

Thank you for the lead, I'm grateful. I think that approx 100,000 Max models were sold as first gen bikes, so the odds for once are in my favor.

I doubt more then 50K were produced for the entire run! Keep in mind 2005 only had 2000 of them and I am sure the last few years weren't many more then that. There were a ton of 85's since it was the fastest bike that year but it quickly dropped off when the next bike came out that was faster (in 86).

Sean

Back