favorite tattoo?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
i figure u guys got to have some nice tat's...

whats your favorite that you have (or maybe have seen)?

two of mine are tied... i really like my back, got it done this past summer. i also like my shoulder just b/c i got it done in athens, greece this summer as well...

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP0924.jpg
    IMGP0924.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 76
My back is a work in progress, about 1/3 done atm, but it's currently my favorite. I'll post up when I get home from work.

This should probably end up in the Pit, since my backfat is probably not safe for work.

Current work in progress is a complete back piece of Mother Russia over the siege of Stalingrad. The art for Mother Russia is taken from the "Motherland Calling" statue at the Volgograd memorial, which I highly recommend you have a Google for if you've never seen it. The city below is from a war era photo during the siege. I'd say we're a little more than a quarter done. Mother Russia needs to be colored in, the city needs all it's detail work and color and there will be a banner between the shoulders that reads "Motherland" in Cyrillic. This photo is about two sessions old.

l_f67bdcf21096c3ad10a3ebc238730a7a.jpg

Gotta throw in my "lifer electrician" tatt..

l_d97997320f2da1e2b85b5e1b785be0f8.jpg

And I couldn't find a good picture of the big Mogen David on my right shoulder, but it's not that hard to imagine. :p

This should probably end up in the Pit, since my backfat is probably not safe for work.

Current work in progress is a complete back piece of Mother Russia over the siege of Stalingrad. The art for Mother Russia is taken from the "Motherland Calling" statue at the Volgograd memorial, which I highly recommend you have a Google for if you've never seen it. The city below is from a war era photo during the siege. I'd say we're a little more than a quarter done. Mother Russia needs to be colored in, the city needs all it's detail work and color and there will be a banner between the shoulders that reads "Motherland" in Cyrillic. This photo is about two sessions old.

l_f67bdcf21096c3ad10a3ebc238730a7a.jpg

Gotta throw in my "lifer electrician" tatt..

l_d97997320f2da1e2b85b5e1b785be0f8.jpg

And I couldn't find a good picture of the big Mogen David on my right shoulder, but it's not that hard to imagine. :p

nice man... that back is gotta be time and $$ expensive!

nice man... that back is gotta be time and $$ expensive!

Thanks.

yeah the back is eating up a LOT of time, already feels like it's been forever, and GD does it hurt like hell across the middle / lower back.

A plus on the money side, my artist is very into propaganda type art, so because he's eager to work on my project he only charges me real needle time, via a meter on his power supply. So, no gun, no $$... I don't have to pay him when we're outside smoking, and he does work fast.

Here's a more complete piece on a co-worker from the same artist, I'm really pleased with his color work.

l_165c1634d8885a76f639e8ed5b49ddde.jpg

The pictures aint the greatest but the first is a dragon tha that covers another.

The one on my back, below my neck, is a celtic triquetra

the cross on my arm I got when I was 16

and on my leg is my mother and father's zodiac signs.

I have plans for a 1/4 sleeve on my right arm, but I'm still working out the sketches.

Attachments

• P1020724.jpg
    P1020724.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P1020727.JPG
    P1020727.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1020729.jpg
    P1020729.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 15
  • P1020732.jpg
    P1020732.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 14
That's some really nice work. I've got a bunch (full left sleeve) still workin on it. These are my favorites. Winter's here... time for more seat time!

leftwolf.jpg

rightwolf1.jpg

rightwolf2.jpg

The one on my foot is my favorite, and most painful.
toetagtattooMedium2.jpg

When I say painful, what I mean is " holy fuck! that shit hurts like hell!"

Thats a cool toe tag tatt mang. You're about three weeks my junior.

This is the first , my birth land ,country of origin, outlook on life anddeath..very picky on the art ,..took along time to decide on how I wanted this to look.
My zodiac symbol is next ,..and mother and father as well. I want my kids done as caricature's of squirrels from early photos.

Attachments

• Jester Tat.jpg
    Jester Tat.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 65
This is what I'm gettin hopefully in the next few weeks. Somewhere on my back.

Attachments

• polish tattoo.jpg
    polish tattoo.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 57
This is what I'm gettin hopefully in the next few weeks. Somewhere on my back.

Is that a Vmax? It looks like something out of a Batman movie!!!

That Polish Thunder Chicken ought to look real nice on ya! :rofl_200:

I've got another session on MotherLand this tuesday.

Send morphine.

probably gonna piss some people off, i am not putting you down, to each their own, but why do you guys do this to your bodies, it's for life, what happened to people knowing by your character.

probably gonna piss some people off, i am not putting you down, to each their own, but why do you guys do this to your bodies, it's for life, what happened to people knowing by your character.

right to each their own...

i don't expect you to understand it... and that is kind of the point, that they're permanent. I have something no one else has that gives homage to my family and parents and reminds me every day of somewhere amazing I have been..

i don't expect you to understand it... and that is kind of the point, that they're permanent. I have something no one else has that gives homage to my family and parents and reminds me every day of somewhere amazing I have been..

that is what i am talking about, you carry that in your heart, no body elses fuckin business, carry your head high and proud, we will probably never agree on this, me and my wife both have degrees, mine from osu and hers from capitol and my daughter is pre med at osu, but we don't need to stamp our bodies to tell people, the way i look at it is like being branded like a cow, your life is supposed to grow every day, not stamped with the past, but to each their own, much respect my friend, we are all made different. dave magoo

For some of us, remembering our life is important. Each tattoo represents a time in our life, good or bad.
It may be a reminder of my lost brother everytime I look in the mirror. it may be a soliloquy to my mother. It could just be the last time I got drunk and decided that I wanted ink (not likely).

They all mark a time in my life that I want to remember.
Sometimes I look at them and they're just tattoos, sometimes I look at them and they remind me of times and people that have come and passed.

These things aren't just memories, they're a part of me.
I choose to engrave them into my skin because I never want to forget. These things that I tattoo into my body are things I never want to lose.

It's hard to explain, but some things I want to be permanent.
Losing my little brother may seem like a thing I need to put behind me, but a reproduction of his tattoo on my arm will keep him with me until I join him.

For the same reason some people choose to dismiss tattoos, some of us embrace them.
They are a permanent window to the past or future, engraved into our skin. No one but me see's mine. They're hidden. I don't put ink in my skin for other people, I do it for me.

Well put! Personally I enjoy the art aspect of the tattoo. But it is important to understand especially for younger people, that there are many people out there who at first glance brand people as idiot's for doing that to their bodies. I remember quite a few instance's of people actually coming up to me and expressing their feelings about tats. Not very nice comments.

One time sticks in my mind especially. My friends and I were having a good Sunday breakfeast... all having a good time. This lady came up to me out of the blue and said... How could you do that to a perfectly good arm? I replied, How could you do that to a perfectly good body? I did it with ink. Obviously you've done it with food...what's the difference were both happy. Right? She didn't say much more.

Not everybody chooses good tats. Mushrooms, tweety, butterfly's and sculls and spur of the moment alcohol tats are pretty popular now a days. Only advice I can give is... make sure you want to look at it for the rest of your life. And pick a good artist!

For some of us, remembering our life is important. Each tattoo represents a time in our life, good or bad.
It may be a reminder of my lost brother everytime I look in the mirror. it may be a soliloquy to my mother. It could just be the last time I got drunk and decided that I wanted ink (not likely).

They all mark a time in my life that I want to remember.
Sometimes I look at them and they're just tattoos, sometimes I look at them and they remind me of times and people that have come and passed.

These things aren't just memories, they're a part of me.
I choose to engrave them into my skin because I never want to forget. These things that I tattoo into my body are things I never want to lose.

It's hard to explain, but some things I want to be permanent.
Losing my little brother may seem like a thing I need to put behind me, but a reproduction of his tattoo on my arm will keep him with me until I join him.

For the same reason some people choose to dismiss tattoos, some of us embrace them.
They are a permanent window to the past or future, engraved into our skin. No one but me see's mine. They're hidden. I don't put ink in my skin for other people, I do it for me.

well put man.. well put... i like it.
:cheers:

Well put! Personally I enjoy the art aspect of the tattoo. But it is important to understand especially for younger people, that there are many people out there who at first glance brand people as idiot's for doing that to their bodies. I remember quite a few instance's of people actually coming up to me and expressing their feelings about tats. Not very nice comments.

One time sticks in my mind especially. My friends and I were having a good Sunday breakfeast... all having a good time. This lady came up to me out of the blue and said... How could you do that to a perfectly good arm? I replied, How could you do that to a perfectly good body? I did it with ink. Obviously you've done it with food...what's the difference were both happy. Right? She didn't say much more.

Not everybody chooses good tats. Mushrooms, tweety, butterfly's and sculls and spur of the moment alcohol tats are pretty popular now a days. Only advice I can give is... make sure you want to look at it for the rest of your life. And pick a good artist!

i back ya up on that comment man. typically i dont go out looking to say shit to people, but if someones going to make a comment like that then they deserve it back...

its like arguing any opinion-based argument, there are two (sometimes more) sides and its very hard to get anyone else to see your point of view..

people say your body is a temple, don't ruin it...

i say if my body is a temple then i'm decorating it with all the memories i want to have and improving in the process...

i personally enjoy the fact that there is no longer a human being on earth that could be mistaken for me w/my tattoo's....

Back