FCR carb squirter cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just retired last week and ready to get my 1500 tourmaster out. Had stabil in the fuel but maybe too much. Carbs are gummed up. I have cleaned everything but cannot get the passage clear from the carb body, above the float bowls, to the brass squirter in the carb throat. Have used compressed air, carb cleaner and contact cleaner. It looks like the part of the carb above the float bowls is removable with 4 screws. 2 inside and 2 outside. Do I need to remove this to get to those passages? I want to order gasket kits before I disassemble. Are these called FCR Slant Bodies? It looks correct and looks like it has the gasket for separating the body. I thought it is just better to ask before messing something up. Also are sonic parts cleaners really good?

Thanks

Sonic bath cleaners work nearly 100% of the time. Pics of carbs and identifying marks would be helpful.

I think Parminio is exaggerating the duration of the soak a bit, but an ultrasonic tank is definitely the way to go.

My friend who uses his in his commercial shop rarely uses his for more-than a 30 minute soak. It's a good-sized unit, it will accept an inline-4's rack. Not sure about the power or frequency, all I know is, when I hand him a grungy set of carbs, they come out of the tank sparkling-clean.

VMax carbs disassembled for soaking.jpg

My friend who uses his in his commercial shop
Well, most of us poor regular guys don't own a commercial shop with commercial grade equipment. We just have a small one we got for 150 bucks from Harbor Freight. So yeah, I'd leave it in there for a couple of days with them being that old and that gunked up.

What would you put in the parts cleaner to remove clog from the squirters? I am going to try to blow back the reverse way with compressed air to see if I can clear them first. Sadly Keihin does not sell the gasket that is in between the mid section and upper part of the carb. I guess they do not want people taking them apart.

I have 2 sets of flat slides and both sets the accelerator were not working properly.. No squirt at all from all brass nozzles . I ended up running thin fishing wire leader up passages and now they all work . Mike Lees of star rider performance carries some flat slide parts...

You have to remember to prime the pump by sucking fuel with a vaccum pump (hand held is fine) as the plungers aren't strong enough to self prime.

Latest posts

Back