Female Members

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can remember the last time I saw a woman on a motorcycle of any kind: 2017. It was on top of Blood Mountain. I ride from my house to there, take a break and check out what bikes are around and then head out for the rest of my riding.

I was staring at a mint, and I mean MINT, 1986 Honda Hurricane. It was gorgeous. She came up while I was admiring it and we talked about it a bit. It had been her dad's bike that he took great care of until he passed away.

I've not seen a woman on a motorcycle (other than on the back of one) since that day, not that I get out a whole lot. It's sad, really.

I could be called out to Long Beach, CA. for 3 weeks work, if so I, we, us will then self identify
as female and will log on as such.
Please temper answer's to question's accordingly, thanks' ahead of time guy's

There’s Lot’s Of Female Motorcycle Riders Down Here In Florida .
I Know The Question Was About “ Female Members “ , I Was Answering To Some Of The Replies

There’s Lot’s Of Female Motorcycle Riders Down Here In Florida .
I Know The Question Was About “ Female Members “ , I Was Answering To Some Of The Replies
Tim, good to see you posting.

Some with more experience than others. I was at an independent shop here in so. FL that was having 'customer appreciation day,' it was more of a Big Twin crowd, but there was a good variety of attendees.

One guy and gal came in on H-D Big Twins, and upon departing, there was an uphill rise from the parking lot to the road, and then a stop sign. The guy made it ok, but you could see the tell-tale hesitation on the woman's part, as she slowed to a near-stop, and had trouble keeping the bike upright. She made it to the parking lot entrance, but when she hit the road incline, she hesitated, the bars began to wobble, and she slowly toppled-over. Fortunately, she did not get her foot/leg caught between the bike and the pavement, otherwise it would have snapped her ankle. People ran-over to her, they righted the bike and helped her to her feet, and wheeled the bike back-into the parking lot. I left before they did. A case of desire to ride being in larger capacity than actual riding skills. I bet her boyfriend/husband put her onto that bike, with nothing much in her personal riding history to build her skill-set. Here in FL you can pass the MSF course and get your license. She should have ridden a 500 twin for a couple of years, H-D still offers one of those I believe, before trying to ride a Big Twin.

Latest posts

Back