Female rider high sides on a Gixxer 1000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not available on mobile. Hate YouTube sometimes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

" I ended with a broken pelvis, 2 surgeries, one in left broken thumb and other on right shoulder, 5 stitches in my right elbow"

Ouch, that's gotta hurt

You can see in the 2nd half of the trip, she was getting considerably more aggressive. I am not surprised that this happened. Thankfully, she was not hurt worse, or even killed, and she is back to riding. This is why when riding on public roads, I remember where my limits are, as well as the limits of the bike, and stay well within them.

I would LOVE to be able to ride like that, (without the accident) but if I do, I think I will do so at Louden, or some other dedicated track.

Ive seen that video before after doing a search one night for crashes.

DAMN that has to hurt...

Du Hast does make for good riding music though.

If you look at the curves just prior to her highsiding, she wasnt picking a very good line thru the curves. Instead of following the curve, she was moving from the outside to the inside WHILE in the curve.

If you look at the curves just prior to her highsiding, she wasnt picking a very good line thru the curves. Instead of following the curve, she was moving from the outside to the inside WHILE in the curve.

Actually, you are describing the "fastest" way through most curves. The fastest line generally goes from the outside to the apex to an exit on the outside. There are plenty of reasons to alter this line e.g. hazards that can cause the bike to slip or become unstable, but for the most part she was using a fast line through those twisties. In her case it appears that she got on the throttle a little too much too soon or touched the rear brake without enough friction in her circle.

Actually, you are describing the "fastest" way through most curves. The fastest line generally goes from the outside to the apex to an exit on the outside. There are plenty of reasons to alter this line e.g. hazards that can cause the bike to slip or become unstable, but for the most part she was using a fast line through those twisties. In her case it appears that she got on the throttle a little too much too soon or touched the rear brake without enough friction in her circle.

I agree. She was running the race line within her lane and killing it until that rear end hooked up and spat her off. Public roads are a hazard for that kind of riding though, gravel, road kill etc are all waiting for us in a curve.

Chris.

I agree. She was running the race line within her lane and killing it until that rear end hooked up and spat her off. Public roads are a hazard for that kind of riding though, gravel, road kill etc are all waiting for us in a curve.

Chris.

+1 and that was the point that I was trying to make. How she was riding would be GREAT for a track, under controlled conditions. Not great for a public road. All it takes is hitting a small patch of oil from a leaky car....etc

She was crossed up on literally every corner she took. Only a matter of time before something went wrong.

Anyone else see Du Hast performed on the Jimmy Kimmel show live by Rammstein? I liked it so much I had to buy the CD. I actually do listen to it while I'm riding. :biglaugh: Great background music for this video. But I found the video itself very hard to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170u6pJYVlQ

Back