Few observations on changing fork seals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
The bike is a 93. I had a pretty good ring of oil on my fork, so I figured I'd better get the seals changed before the weather changed. I called the local cycle shop and they quoted me around $150. I didn't think that was to bad, but With Seans video and all the knowledge here, I figured I'd give it a shot. I went to harbor freight and bought an electric impact $50. I'll be going to the hardware in a little while to get my PVC "seal seating tool" I've completed the first video. The electric impact worked flawlessly. One thing I noticed when I was taking the wheel off, was a little screw on the lower fork. I hadn't heard of this before, but they were drain screws to let the fork oil out. That saved me the gush of oil like in Seans video. The other thing was slide-hammering the lower fork off. Either Seans daughter has super human strength, or I'm just old and weak. I really ripped up down on thing, with all I had, to get it off. Finally got it. It reminded me of how easily Sean pops off the flywheel, and the next guy has his shoot across the room:eusa_dance: I'll start on Seans second video tomorrow.

Back