Filling the Handlebars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set of Pro-Taper SE series Carmicheal bend with the crossbar installed.

Vibrations gone completely or almost anyway. I thought the cross bar might make them vibrate MORE but just the opposite.

Never used a filler in bars so nothing to offer there..

I have used lead buckshot many times and it worked fine. The small buckshot fills all the nooks and crannies. It is heavy but dampens the vibes. Really helped on in-line fours inherent vibes. Just have to be careful as it is easy to spill the buckshot and it goes everywhere! My Max vibes are minimal and I reduced them with gel type grips without any other fix. Any good vibration absorbing grip should help. Also a good carb sync... :biglaugh:

I used the Vibranators on my '86 and loved them - they do indeed work as advertised.

On the '00 I fitted bar ends, they do make a tiny difference but not as much as Vibranators.

On the new '86 that's coming soon there's buckshot inthe bars, I'll try them out and report!

Set of Pro-Taper SE series Carmicheal bend with the crossbar installed.

Vibrations gone completely or almost anyway. I thought the cross bar might make them vibrate MORE but just the opposite.

Never used a filler in bars so nothing to offer there..

What grips do you use? And I feel silly asking this question, how do you get the bar ends off a stock Vmax? What is method of getting grips off of throttle body?

The ends are just press fit. Get yourself some shop/mechanic/whatever gloves with good grip and pull.

The grips are glued on. Work a long flat screwdriver or something with an even less sharp end on it between the rubber and the handlebar. Then give a pull.

The throttle side shouldn't give you much trouble at all. There's only a couple dabs of glue on it from the factory.

For the clutch side mine was covered in glue... It's infinitely easier to loosen housing for the clutch controls and reservoir (2 bolts) and slide it up the handle bar a bit. Then you have space behind the little chrome cover that you can push the whole grip off rather easily compared to trying to pull it off from the rubber.

Latest posts

Back