Final Drag Race This Year - Hungary

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Getting stoked for my final drag race this year - Friday and Saturday. The track only has 3 events per year, and the next one is while I'm on vacation.

I removed the windscreen and added a cheap (larger) shift light. But this cheap shift light is not very accurate and once it comes on, and I shift, it stays on for a while. $10 from China, so I got what I paid for. My progressive shift light still works fine. But those lights are kind of small.

IMG_0362sm_zpseuxderae.jpg

This bike has been running VERY strong recently. When I nail the throttle, I THINK my back tire is breaking loose... but I hope it's not my clutch. Hard to discern.

I getting excited. No, I'm not the quickest bike... actually one of the slowest. But what a good time!!! My bike certainly gets more attention and interest than the hundreds of sportbikes out there.

Mark_Race_zpszrs3dbl1.jpg

Last edited:
Good Luck !!!!
What rear tire are you running ?
If you're running a Shinko TM 230 and feel like it's breaking loose when warm I'd definitely check your clutch.
It's highly unlikely that a warm Shinko will break loose on you.
Put the bike against a wall and throttle up in 4 and 5th gear and see if it slips.

Lotso:

Regardless of how fast you are, that is a sweet pic of the max out in front of the other bike.
I'm assuming that's you?

T $

Lotso:
Regardless of how fast you are, that is a sweet pic of the max out in front of the other bike.
I'm assuming that's you?

Thanks.
Yes, that's me *TEMPORARILY* in front of that super-quick BMW S1000RR. :biglaugh:

Here's the time slip from that run against the BMW... which was my personal best ET.

Time_Slip_Mark_zpslmmuqum2.jpg

This photo was taken the last time I was at the track... the final race against a Kawasaki ZX-9.
He chased me down and I got second place. But look at the lead I had.
My V-Max owned the track to 60 feet!

IMG_1692resized_zpsytbe4dri.jpg

Dude, so cool. Going out there and racing against those sport bikes....you and everyone else knows you won't be winning in the long run, but at least for a while, the track is yours!!!! Awesome man, brave, confident, you should be proud! I am for you, and rockin' a Gen1... how would our Gen 2 bigger brothers do against those who show up?

Dude, so cool. Going out there and racing against those sport bikes....you and everyone else knows you won't be winning in the long run, but at least for a while, the track is yours!!!!

This is why I like running the 1/8. If the sportbike rider can't launch, you will usually beat him or make it an exciting race in the end. I've beaten a lot of "big Boys" because there poor off the line. In the 1/4 it's a moot point. I raced a speed triple in the 1/4. I expected to get beat, but he was "gone". I thought I had a problem with my VMAX. When I got the slip, I ran around an 11.40. I don't remember the other guys time, but I do remember he went 183 MPH. HE had a turbo I didn't notice right away. In any case, Racing is a blast.

Well, here are the details.
I got a phone call the day of the races. My mom was hospitalized in Minnesota and not expected to live. How about THAT for a distraction!!! My head was certainly not "in the game." Unfortunately I had to fly to Minnesota Monday morning, and witness her pass away peacefully on Tuesday.

The highlights are:

1. I got to race against my buddy who bought my old Yamaha FJ 1200. That was VERY cool. We were the only two in that category! Guaranteed 1st and 2nd place! :biglaugh:

2. My Hungarian pastor came to visit with his son. That was awesome, and they probably had more fun than I did. They REALLY enjoyed it.

FINAL RACE VIDEO HERE

The final race timeslip
Final_Time_Slip_zps0bqms1io.jpg

Me and my buddy
IMG_0541_zpstdycamim.jpg

"Racers"
IMG_0531_zpsf4mpuiwo.jpg

Me and my pastor (with some cool supercharged GM vehicles in the background)
IMG_0538_zpsvaulsobx.jpg

My pastor and his son were on my crew :biglaugh:
IMG_0510_zpss3cerokv.jpg

"Green light... GO"
Green_Go_zps3hhnzw62.jpg

First place / Second place
IMG_0546_zpsxiytyr1a.jpg

Latest posts

Back