Final drive fill bolt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Is there an auto seal washer that will work with the bolt or stick with Yama washer? I've tried both alum and copper and still seem to be getting a very small leak after riding.

Could use a Gasket Maker RTV. If you let it cure overnight all should be sealed till the next time.......

+1 on the RTV...that stuff is like black gold for the DIYers...comes off pretty easy as well...

On the fill bolt? I didn't think there was a washer on the fill..... thought just the drain at the bottom had one. I just changed mine, and I don't remember there being one on it.

I've wondered about this also...after 3-4 rides there's always a bit of oily residue seeping out around the bolt of my venture diff as well.

Guess I could give the RTV a shot....

though I've found that Threebond 1194(aka Yamabond 4) is even better at sealing, especially on rough surfaces. Plus it dries in 1 minute, rather than 12 hours.

Mine was seeping a bit also so I went down to my buddies shop and got a new crush washer and the seeping stopped.

Always use the OEM crush washer. Same washer is used on both bolts and oil drain bolt. Also torque according to specs and never have any leaks.

Always use the OEM crush washer. Same washer is used on both bolts and oil drain bolt. Also torque according to specs and never have any leaks.

+1 except the one time i didn't clean the drain mating surface well enough.

Yep you guys are right, I looked it up on the parts schematic and it does indeed show one on each bolt. I swear the fill bolt didn't have one.....mine doesn't leak, so all is good!

I use a reusable seal for car oil drain plugs. Hard plastic washer style that can be bought at any Ace Hardware or any hardware store. No leaks.

Got the OEM seal washer and it works..now a diff problem..got a small leak from the joint at the final drive and swingarm. I'm 90% sure it is the oil seal #13 in the final drive. Getting a new seal but want to make sure... Is this put in face up or face down?

Latest posts

Back