VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't pee wee run 9.5's with little mods and a slick?

Yep. Here are our fastest time slips from our outings:
Left = Our 1st time to the track.
Middle = Our Fastest Run to date.
Right = The Stock Bike with a Re-Flashed ECU.

Jays_Time_Slips_1_Med.jpg
9-39_TS.jpg
8-59_Time%20Slip%20small.jpg

Start loosing the weight of the Cat and un-restrict the exhaust on the far right time slip and things start looking a lot faster.

So now the re-flash with bring a stock bike up to a modified bike?
The mods have increased h.p. by 15-20.

No. It only adds a few top end HP to a stock bike. It's hard to add any to the stock bike due to the restrictive exhaust.

Does the re-flash have anymore h.p. or just remapped downstairs for better low end?

Regardless of modification, all bikes will see a huge increase of launch power in first gear, more HP in every gear in the mid range due to faster opening YCC-T and top HP bump from increased timing.

Alot of us modified bikes will just have to wait for re-flashing.
The only reason I suggest you wait is a better matching map would be the cheapest and most effective alternative, but this current reflash will work for every bike to a certain degree. Your fuel controller maps may/will need some adjustment to compensate.

Will a stock re-flash work better on a mods bike than a race ecu?
All ECU's are internally the same. It's the program that is written into them that is different. The re-flash can be done on either ECU and track testing has proved the Re-Flash to be far superior to the other two ECU's.
I did notice the stock ecu ran 9.91 and a race ecu 9.80. So the race ecu does have some better mapping than stock besides just removing the top speed limiter? But, the re-flash is the best but only for stock setup? Is there any difference in a re-flash of a stock ecu over a race ecu?
Don't know. I have only read the code from one ECU. Prior to that, I had always ran a Race ECU. My gut feeling had always been they are practically the same. The time difference you are seeing may be the top speed limit of the stock ECU. But video does show a discernible difference in the launch characteristics of the stock and race ECU. Maybe one iota of plausibility, but I am still 99% certain the top speed limit to be the difference.

Thanks,
Tim Nash
GuruedGear.com

Last edited:
Yep. Here are our fastest time slips from our outings:

Left = Our 1st time to the track.
Middle = Our Fastest Run to date.
Right = The Stock Bike with a Re-Flashed ECU.

Jays_Time_Slips_1_Med.jpg
9-39_TS.jpg
8-59_Time%20Slip%20small.jpg

Start loosing the weight of the Cat and un-restrict the exhaust on the far right time slip and things start looking a lot faster.

I found a neat little section of a website. You can research the historical weather data by address or gps cordinates. Note the first time slip had the wrong date. We was there on 4-30 not 5-1. They had the time machine screwed up.

Here is the weather by the date for the tickets above :

Temp Dew Pt Hum Baro Wnd Dr Wnd Spd
9.51 First Trip: 80.1 64.9% 60% 30.15 WNW 11.5
9.39 Second Trip: 66 45% 47% 30.09 N 16.1
9.59 Last Trip: 51.1 46.9% 86% 30.06 SE 6.9

Thanks,
Tim Nash
GuruedGear.com

Like minds! If you visit the GuruedGear site and go to the Re-Flashed ECU page, the release of liability form has a Q n A attached to it. You may want to download and read that. If I improve the file or you purchase a a bundled combo, I will re-flash the new tune into your ECU for $45. This basically covers the cost and labor for my parts guy, Matt, to be readily on hand do it.

Tim Nash
GuruedGear.com
:ummm:
So you charge $590 on your site but your cost plus labor is only $45? This already sounds like a rip off to me IMHO. That release is pretty harsh too, voided warranty, possible drive line breakage, loss of control. You should give this death trap away for free. Do you really think just because you make someone sign a disclaimer that they will only use it for race use. No, you will have people getting killed on the streets, this just seems like a bad idea from the start. If I had to spend that kind of money to get a re-flashed stock ECU that can't be reversed, I think I would prefer to spend the extra green to get a factory authorized race ECU from Yamaha. Last time I checked they retail for $849.99 and they don't make you sign you life away on a disclaimer, I wonder why? I'd imagine it's because their team of engineers have a little bit more experience than you. Plus I'd still have my stock ECU to fall back on for when I wasn't "racing". I'd suggest leaving this sort of thing up to the experts and engineers at Yamaha. I give this an EPIC FAIL, just because of your blatant disregard for the safety and well being of fellow riders. Two thumbs down for sure!!

Personally, I consider Red-Light to Red-Light street racing to be an event that happens in the first three gears. That being said, let me sum this up with a scenario. If you are out enjoying the performance of your modestly modified V-Max one summer day and you happen to find yourself at a red light with a equally skilled and equal weight hoodlum that is illegally riding around on the street with my ECU in a stock sleeper bike, in a Red-Light to Red-Light race, you will get your ass handed to you.

Of this, I am almost certain. ;-)

Thanks,
Tim Nash
GuruedGear.com[/QUOTE]

surprise.gif

So you're suggesting that someone would purposely disobey your signed disclaimer and ride it on the street and that the only people(your customers) that do this are hoodlums? You should be punched in the face for even implying that you endorse red light to red light racing! You are basically seeking bragging rights not respect IMHO. What a D-Bag!

:ummm:
So you charge $590 on your site but your cost plus labor is only $45? This already sounds like a rip off to me IMHO. That release is pretty harsh too, voided warranty, possible drive line breakage, loss of control. You should give this death trap away for free. Do you really think just because you make someone sign a disclaimer that they will only use it for race use. No, you will have people getting killed on the streets, this just seems like a bad idea from the start. If I had to spend that kind of money to get a re-flashed stock ECU that can't be reversed, I think I would prefer to spend the extra green to get a factory authorized race ECU from Yamaha. Last time I checked they retail for $849.99 and they don't make you sign you life away on a disclaimer, I wonder why? I'd imagine it's because their team of engineers have a little bit more experience than you. Plus I'd still have my stock ECU to fall back on for when I wasn't "racing". I'd suggest leaving this sort of thing up to the experts and engineers at Yamaha. I give this an EPIC FAIL, just because of your blatant disregard for the safety and well being of fellow riders. Two thumbs down for sure!!

if you think its a rip off, no one is forcing you to buy it.

Who is Jon? My name is Steve. I don't even own a 09 vmax, I just think your hack is wrong on so many levels. I just wrote a complete post on here about it, you're more than welcome to read it.

Thanks,

Steve

+1 - Hi Jon,

Sounds like someone who hates Kerker too. Every single one of them is for "Off-Road Use Only" though it doesn't stop them from selling them. Same with 99% of the simple things like turn signals (same as you sell). They aren't DOT rated and thus not legal for street use. Of course that matters very little to most. The exhaust you sell I GUARANTEE will not meet noise emissions (or the EPA emissions).

As far as voiding the factory warranty.

You can run into hard asses at many dealers that will balk if you don't get your oil changed there (even though that is not legal for them to do - they still try and push it that way). Most dealers don't care.

Most factory engineers design bikes for wusses like yourself that could get blown off the bike if they aren't bolted down. We hard core riders like to try and get every ounce of acceleration possible.

I don't read into it anywhere that Tim is endorsing street racing. He's simply stating the fact that it's a short distance and stock to his setup will get your ass handed to you. If you want to see something that is an implication of being a hoodlum I think you should watch the commercials that YAMAHA made of this bike!!! Talk about hinting about racing.

Go back to your hideout Jon.

+1 - Hi Jon,

Sounds like someone who hates Kerker too. Every single one of them is for "Off-Road Use Only" though it doesn't stop them from selling them. Same with 99% of the simple things like turn signals (same as you sell). They aren't DOT rated and thus not legal for street use. Of course that matters very little to most. The exhaust you sell I GUARANTEE will not meet noise emissions (or the EPA emissions).

As far as voiding the factory warranty.

You can run into hard asses at many dealers that will balk if you don't get your oil changed there (even though that is not legal for them to do - they still try and push it that way). Most dealers don't care.

Most factory engineers design bikes for wusses like yourself that could get blown off the bike if they aren't bolted down. We hard core riders like to try and get every ounce of acceleration possible.

I don't read into it anywhere that Tim is endorsing street racing. He's simply stating the fact that it's a short distance and stock to his setup will get your ass handed to you. If you want to see something that is an implication of being a hoodlum I think you should watch the commercials that YAMAHA made of this bike!!! Talk about hinting about racing.

Go back to your hideout Jon.

You obviously have me confused with someone and I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't even know who you are. Obviously you are a friends with Tim or something and can't take any sort of criticism. If you think I need bolted down to a bike, I welcome you to make the drive to my neighborhood so I can personally beat the crap out of you and properly introduce myself so there is no confusion.

Thanks,

Steve

Who is Jon? My name is Steve. I don't even own a 09 vmax, I just think your hack is wrong on so many levels. I just wrote a complete post on here about it, you're more than welcome to read it.

Thanks,

Steve

who said anything about an 09???

You obviously have me confused with someone and I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't even know who you are. Obviously you are a friends with Tim or something and can't take any sort of criticism. If you think I need bolted down to a bike, I welcome you to make the drive to my neighborhood so I can personally beat the crap out of you and properly introduce myself so there is no confusion.

Thanks,

Steve

are you threatening me????

MODS...please leave this open only if Tim doesnt mind. (or it can be moved from Tims area)
I originally was going to trash it and tag "steve" but I want to see how far he is intending on taking this.
Threatening people is an arrestable offense btw.... you need to choose your words VERY careful!

Dreamster66 and Sean, I'm not threatening either of you, just joking around, much like the wusses comment and being bolted to the bike and all. You can trash it, tag it, do what ever you want with it. I really don't care, it's just my opinion anyway. That just tells me that this isn't a real forum where ideas can't be talked about. You obviously moderate and only show people what you want them to see, just like the evening news!

Dreamster66 and Sean, I'm not threatening either of you, just joking around, much like the wusses comment and being bolted to the bike and all. You can trash it, tag it, do what ever you want with it. I really don't care, it's just my opinion anyway. That just tells me that this isn't a real forum where ideas can't be talked about. You obviously moderate and only show people what you want them to see, just like the evening news!

NOTHING has been censored JON or STEVE or whatever you call yourself.
Say what you want..... you joined approx. 7 mos ago and decide NOW to come out?
hmmmm....sounds funny to me!
do you know what an ip address is?
google it
and while you're at it, PLEASE feel free to help yourself to a little freedom of speech! after all....we're vmaxers, not fox news.
and the post of beating the crap outta someone didnt come off as a joke.
you think you might stand tall and cocky, but trust me..... there are MANY MANY people out there who would actually take you up on your offer!
like I said....choose your words VERY carefully!

Latest posts

Back