VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOTHING has been censored JON or STEVE or whatever you call yourself.
Say what you want..... you joined approx. 7 mos ago and decide NOW to come out?
hmmmm....sounds funny to me!
do you know what an ip address is?
google it
and while you're at it, PLEASE feel free to help yourself to a little freedom of speech! after all....we're vmaxers, not fox news.
and the post of beating the crap outta someone didnt come off as a joke.
you think you might stand tall and cocky, but trust me..... there are MANY MANY people out there who would actually take you up on your offer!
like I said....choose your words VERY carefully!

Why does it sound funny, funny how? Do I look like a clown to you? Sorry couldn't resist the Wise Guy reference. Sorry I was bored on new years break and decided to see if my Vmaxforum account was still active. Usually I'm far to busy for such frivolity, but I had some time tonight. I started reading about this ECU hack and decided to post my opinions on it. Yes, I'm well aware of what an ip address is, mine is meaningless. Unlike a phone number, a reverse look up will only yield a general location. I have dynamic range provided by my isp they change it all the time, the only info you'll get is who my provider is, and general location, woopy. Most ISP's supernet their network range and many things are heavily masked. Trace routes often end in dropped routes ending the trail of provider look up. I also sit behind a NAT addresses firewall with AES 256 encryption. It's called network security, look it up. Yes I live in Ohio, and use an Ohio based ISP, are you trying to make assumptions about something? Are you threatening me now? Be careful of your words, crimes against computer networks are also arrestable. Again I'm not sure who Jon is and and I don't know you at all. You're starting to irritate me a little. Good day sir, and I hope your conspiracy theories of who I am work out for you.

Why does it sound funny, funny how? Do I look like a clown to you? Sorry couldn't resist the Wise Guy reference. Sorry I was bored on new years break and decided to see if my Vmaxforum account was still active. Usually I'm far to busy for such frivolity, but I had some time tonight. I started reading about this ECU hack and decided to post my opinions on it. Yes, I'm well aware of what an ip address is, mine is meaningless. Unlike a phone number, a reverse look up will only yield a general location. I have dynamic range provided by my isp they change it all the time, the only info you'll get is who my provider is, and general location, woopy. Most ISP's supernet their network range and many things are heavily masked. Trace routes often end in dropped routes ending the trail of provider look up. I also sit behind a NAT addresses firewall with AES 256 encryption. It's called network security, look it up. Yes I live in Ohio, and use an Ohio based ISP, are you trying to make assumptions about something? Are you threatening me now? Be careful of your words, crimes against computer networks are also arrestable. Again I'm not sure who Jon is and and I don't know you at all. You're starting to irritate me a little. Good day sir, and I hope your conspiracy theories of who I am work out for you.

no threats here pal!
just asking if you know what an ip address is.
how in the world would you misconstrue that as a threat?
kinda funny (and not in a clown way) that your words mimic his....lol
how ironic!

no threats here pal!
just asking if you know what an ip address is.
how in the world would you misconstrue that as a threat?
kinda funny (and not in a clown way) that your words mimic his....lol
how ironic!

I guess I don't get the connection, but I'm not privy what you're talking about. Come on pal, your post was being very indicative of a threat. I'm done talking to you, you are a strange basket of fruit.

I guess I don't get the connection, but I'm not privy what you're talking about. Come on pal, your post was being very indicative of a threat. I'm done talking to you, you are a strange basket of fruit.

told you...no threat here..... and all I know about firewalls....etc....bla bla bla is someones ip can be traced.
how is that a threat Einstein?

told you...no threat here..... and all I know about firewalls....etc....bla bla bla is someones ip can be traced.
how is that a threat Einstein?
Exactly, what are you implying by tracing it? What would be the reason? You tell me Einstein...

You know everything on the subject of Tims product but nothing of Jon or their disagreement . You joined the forum but never posted until now and rip into the product and the vendor . Now you don't want to play anymore. How about a picture of you and your Vmax to remember you by ?

" Never argue with an idiot . They'll drop you down to their level and beat you with experience . " Have a nice safe life Steve. We hope you'll be happy too.

You know everything on the subject of Tims product but nothing of Jon or their disagreement . You joined the forum but never posted until now and rip into the product and the vendor . Now you don't want to play anymore. How about a picture of you and your Vmax to remember you by ?

" Never argue with an idiot . They'll drop you down to their level and beat you with experience . " Have a nice safe life Steve. We hope you'll be happy too.

:yelrotflmao:

:ummm:
So you charge $590 on your site but your cost plus labor is only $45? This already sounds like a rip off to me IMHO. That release is pretty harsh too, voided warranty, possible drive line breakage, loss of control. You should give this death trap away for free. Do you really think just because you make someone sign a disclaimer that they will only use it for race use. No, you will have people getting killed on the streets, this just seems like a bad idea from the start. If I had to spend that kind of money to get a re-flashed stock ECU that can't be reversed, I think I would prefer to spend the extra green to get a factory authorized race ECU from Yamaha. Last time I checked they retail for $849.99 and they don't make you sign you life away on a disclaimer, I wonder why? I'd imagine it's because their team of engineers have a little bit more experience than you. Plus I'd still have my stock ECU to fall back on for when I wasn't "racing". I'd suggest leaving this sort of thing up to the experts and engineers at Yamaha. I give this an EPIC FAIL, just because of your blatant disregard for the safety and well being of fellow riders. Two thumbs down for sure!!
Haha you're a funny guy :rofl_200:

Steve, 590$ for 45$ labor cost sounds wow but it's "normal".
Pricing doesn't reflect only the labor but also investment and time spent on R&D and test.
During the launch prices are high and should go down after 1y or more, when the ROI has been reached.
If Tim is the only one offering that service, no reason to bring the price down even if he could.

Simple business and market rule....

There is one good thing in what Steve is saying tho.
It could be great to be able to backup the stock ROM in order to flash it back if needed, somehow the same process than mod ROMs for cellphones or other electronic device.
Just not sure how it can be possible with an ECU. I guess Yamaha engineers are able to do that.

Who the hell is this turd hurder? Steve, I believe your name is. If you don't have an '09 or a '10 Vmax why would you even care about this ECU upgrade? If you aren't going to buy it, what difference does it make to you how much it costs? "Leave it to the Yamaha experts"???? Good call on that one... you are right, once we purchase anything directly from the OEM, no changes should EVER be made to the item being purchased.... EVER. Everything comes from the factory PERFECT and no improvements could ever be made. Have a blast with your stock vehicles!

And why are you so parinoid about people threatening you. Come on over to Iowa and I help you out with that...(and that wasn't a threat, it was an invitation)

Happy Holidays!

Jeff

Well, since you are pretending to understand networks, I find it interesting that the only posts you have done is attacking Tim. And even more interesting is that your IP when you joined is owned by a different ISP than the one you are posting from now, but the same ISP the allthrottles attack came from. I'm sure it's just a coincidence... :icon_rolleyes:

Damn you hubeer, for tarnishing us turd herders by lumping us in with the likes of this dainty fella named Steve. I'll have you know I am licensed by the state of Florida and am handsomely paid to be a civil servant in this capacity. The fact that you have lumped all noble and intelligent turd herders in with this Steve guy that spews fecal matter out of his mouth is an affront to us decent and upstanding "Wastewater Operators" that actually own one or more Vmax. I stand awaiting your sincere apology.
PATMAX

these need to be moved over to the burnout pit where the others now are....you'll know the area.... quite well marked....lol
lets give Tim his area back.
Thanks
Randy

I am excited to see the Posts of those using the re-flash. I want some reviews to read from the everyday rider. I would also like to see some dyno pulls comparing before and after, I am not expecting top end HP, but the low end and mid range dyno pull must surely be phenominal to see compared to stock. I remember when I had a dyno pull with stage 7 and then with the PCW FCR. My Gen 1 top end didnt improve, but the 4300 rpm midrange increase was outstanding! Sooo, show me some dyno pulls, post some rider reviews. I am excited about the prospect. I want my beast to breathe even more fire. Come On. Lets Go. I want power to feed my addiction. Enough with this conflict.

rick rash
Vmoa #1283

Damn you hubeer, for tarnishing us turd herders by lumping us in with the likes of this dainty fella named Steve. I'll have you know I am licensed by the state of Florida and am handsomely paid to be a civil servant in this capacity. The fact that you have lumped all noble and intelligent turd herders in with this Steve guy that spews fecal matter out of his mouth is an affront to us decent and upstanding "Wastewater Operators" that actually own one or more Vmax. I stand awaiting your sincere apology.
PATMAX

Very well written PATMAX.... I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies, and I should have never "lumped" Steve in with the outstanding turd hurders of this fine country. Instead I should have included him in the Society of Ass Spelunkers, but even then, I feel it may give them a bad name, and may bring a negative view towards them as I have so thoughtlessly done to the turd hurders. I am glad you have made me aware of my wreckless posts, and I will try to improve my impolite rants in the future. But until that time comes, F&$k Steve and that horse (or sheep) he rode in on!

Hope everyone had a safe and fun new years. I honestly pray that everyone has a safe upcoming riding season and thank you Buster for hosting this fine site. Thanks to all that make this a great community and CHEERS to a new year!

Jeff Huber

yea....but I STILL don't understand how it's illegal to trace/compare ip's...lol:ummm:

Nothing illegal tracing IP, what can be illegal is what you could do next.
Some companies are tracing thousands of IP for statistic purposes, nothing wrong with that.

Latest posts

Back