Finally changed my front springs to progressive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93max

Reaction score
Well finally did it after having the bike and the springs for almost 2 years. Pretty easy too!
I cut the pvc spacers to 9.37" as per the instructions and installed the factory washer on top of the spring.
No air in them.

As others have mentioned, It made a huge difference in the ride and handling of the bike.
I feel much more confident leaning in and carrying speed through turns.

One thing tho, I've read that people say it doesn't dive under braking. I do. Only if I grab a big handful of lever. It doesn't feel out of control or anything.
Other then that I really like them. So much so I wan't to soften the rear now. Currently I have the rear shocks on 3.
Any thoughts? Maybe put the thick washer that came with them on top of the spacer to pre load a smidgen?
Thanks,

Chris

I will look to see what's in my forks one day, if they are standard springs I will get some progressive ones too, I find them quite harsh as they are, they send notifications to my wrists over bad surfaces :confused:

Yeah Mine was the same way. I guess with the air in them, the would rebound VERY hard!

One thing tho, I've read that people say it doesn't dive under braking. I do. Only if I grab a big handful of lever. It doesn't feel out of control or anything.

Any thoughts? Maybe put the thick washer that came with them on top of the spacer to pre load a smidgen?

Chris, fitting the springs is only half the job, you need to set the static sag to do the other half.

I agree that you have to set your static sag, too.

If you get significant nosedive on braking, as you do-it, I would try some air in there, maybe just 5 psi to begin. You may-find that's all you need.

Latest posts

Back