Finally some progress!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakecharmr

Reaction score
Well after a lot of headache with the paint, its done as good as I will do it for now.. Not happy with the faux tank cover so time for a leather bagster tank cover and tank bag. Fenders and small hard parts, scoops grab rail etc... turned out good..

While putting it all back together though, realized the front tire is deeply weather cracked and needs replacing before riding..

1924530_10151925347907267_1726005866_n.jpg

1939420_10151925347967267_268673082_n.jpg

1622134_10151925347962267_1386752412_n.jpg

Looks good. You'll be all ready for spring. I've got the same issue with my front tire. I'm guessing CBR tail light mod. No more lolli-pops :eusa_dance:

Don't forget rear turn signal ( unless there hidden) don't give a cager an excuse for not seeing you !! Looks real nice tho !!

Yup CBR light mod.. indicators are integrated into it and are very bright LED's.. But new problem.. clutch keeps getting air in somehow.. Anyone have thoughts on this.. what do I need to start with for problem solving.. I'm not a mechanic by any means...

I'd try bleeding it, I use the harbor freight version of the mighty vac. If that doesn't work it my be time to rebuild the master.

If you're sure the bleed was good, it'd be time to rebuild the master. Maybe upgrade the lines while you're at it.

And "reverse-bleed" by using a syringe connected to your slave bleeder nipple w/a short piece of plastic tubing, to push fluid from the slave to the master cylinder. I prefer clear tubing to watch the fluid. Pushing the fluid helps any air trapped in the system to rise to the top-to the master cyl reservoir.

Did you begin by bleeding the slave? It's a PITA but air can hide in there.

And "reverse-bleed" by using a syringe connected to your slave bleeder nipple w/a short piece of plastic tubing, to push fluid from the slave to the master cylinder. I prefer clear tubing to watch the fluid. Pushing the fluid helps any air trapped in the system to rise to the top-to the master cyl reservoir.

Yes we reverse bled it with a syringe and tube, making sure to get all the air out of the syringe and tube first.. Pushed a few bubbles out the top reservoir but can't figure out how they got in there as there doesn't seem to be any liquid leaking anywhere and we pretty much have to bleed it everytime I want to go for a short rip around the neighbourhood.

I was having the same issue with air getting into the clutch line and couldn't figure it out until last week. While bleeding the system after replacing the slave cylinder, I realized the bleed nipple didn't have anything on the threads to prevent air from being sucked in while it is loosened to bleed the system. I wrapped the threads with Teflon tape and problem solved, give that a try. My only issue is that I have tried the reverse bleed technique and have one question, should it be very hard to push fluid through the system using a syringe? I've tried to reverse bleed my clutch twice and both time could not get the fluid to move but had no issues with the mighty vac...

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Just changed all the fluids last week.
Previously when I did the clutch, I followed Mr. Fire-Medic's suggestion re "reverse bleeding" Worked really well.
This time I thought I'd try a more traditional approach, just to see how it would go.
I mity-vac'ed out all the old fluid, filling the reservoir occasionally, then hooked up a clear tube to the bleeder, the other end in a fluid-filled bottle, then started that old time-honored routine -"3 pumps of the lever, hold, crack open bleed valve, watch the air bubbles in the tubing, close bleeder"
Of course this didn't work. No pressure build up, after multiple bleedings.:bang head:

So I added an extra step. After each session of the above, after closing the bleed screw, I worked the lever (pulling&releasing) quite rapidly, with the reservoir cover off. This caused streams of bubbles to rise from the orifice. Once they had stopped, I did another bleeding session. Then another"bubble watch". Then another session. At this point I could feel pressure in the lever. One more bleeding (for good measure), and no bubbles appeared in the tubing.
Probably took about 15 minutes from start to finish, after adding bubble watch thingy.
Still wish the clutch was as easy as the back brake............
Cheers!

Back