Finally the cam timing specs.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
I used a degree wheel and piston stop to get true top dead center, which by the way is spot on with the timing mark on the rotor.
Intake: Open @ 11.5* BTDC Duration 230.5*
Close @ 39* ABDC Lobe center 103.75*

Exhaust Open @ 41* BBDC Duration 235*
Close @ 4* ATDC lobe center 113.5* Measured at .053''

This is just on cylinders 1&3 I will check 2&4 another day. Hope this helps someone. I know that i was looking for these #s for a while and just had measure it myself to degree my cams.

Hey Joe.... how has your project been going. I haven't been around here as much as I would have liked, so I'm not sure what all you have posted. I got my 02 running pretty well so maybe we can meet up sometime... Eddyville raceway perhaps. I was hoping to go tomorrow and get a couple passes in, but it looks like Sean's storms from KS might be making their way up here.

Jeff

All timing events measured at .053''. And just about done gotta figure out what directions i wana go with the cam timing and then snug it down and put the covers on and throw that beast in the frame. I so miss not having my bike.

both rear cams were right on with their timing dots but i wana see how the specs of the front cams may differ like by manufacturing and other factors.

I'm curious since I almost always set up with the dots. If I want something different on the custom cams then we order them already timed the way we want them.

If I had the big bucks to get cams reground I would have done that but I think that this will work out for me. I like doing this kind of stuff anyway.

Latest posts

Back