Finally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better to burn out than fade away. —
Highlander

"...The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long..."
Dr. Eldon Tryell, Blade Runner

When I was getting out of the Navy, they sent me to pre-separation class. When we were asked to write out a statement of why we wanted to leave service, I used both those quotes from Highlander and Blade Runner. The instructor didn't understand and thought I penned some thing referencing offing myself. I had to explain.... (this was a year after Highlander was released)

One of my all-time favorites.

And a song from the White Album, listen to this line-up! They do it justice.
Rock n Roll and never die--great stuff that.

Prince--I'm an absolute fan, that song and line-up was great. Sad end to a great song writer, singer, musician, producer, and everything else he did. Jeff Lynne is one of my favourite songwriters and singers also. They were all very good in that band, but they two will always stand out to me.

I started writing music around 1995 and had the idea's for the video's etc, and was just about there after two years of playing, singing, and recording, but unfortunately had to get back to the real world, that was engineering. Regret that terribly, wish I had stuck to music and poverty, especially when I hear people like prince with all his skills. Now I'm heading back in time and getting some playing in, building up my home made pedal effects board (anyone wants to see it for exchanging ideas I'll post it up), and just got some new recording equipment again. Who knows maybe even at 60 rock stardom is creeping closer again.

:) 🎸

"...The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long..."
Dr. Eldon Tryell, Blade Runner

When I was getting out of the Navy, they sent me to pre-separation class. When we were asked to write out a statement of why we wanted to leave service, I used both those quotes from Highlander and Blade Runner. The instructor didn't understand and thought I penned some thing referencing offing myself. I had to explain.... (this was a year after Highlander was released)
Nice one!
I'll need to try and think of a saying myself, and maybe it will be quoted some day. :)

I had to look up the peon, and it is fairly hard hitting as a word. I could make a whole speech on this topic regarding the working classes, but I’ll stop myself from doing that as it would take up too much space on this website, and I suppose at the end of the day it’s a VMax site :( Unfortunately allot of the population regard the “elites” as having more intelligence, higher IQ’s, member of Mensa, and being “smarter”.

This is not the case, the wealthy have a much better chance in life of being educated. But I can assure you they only have confidence in themselves and truly believe they have something to say that others want to listen to. I‘ve conjured up a saying that it’s confidence over ability, and quote it on a regular basis. These people are not smarter than the general population, and there must be a few right up at the top who feel the same way.
Yes confidence can be a worthy asset but as I said I feel more humility in society is needed. I agree elite certainly doesn't mean smarter, my remark was sarcastic.

I think the great Alice Cooper sums up about politicians, if he were to become political I would listen for once;

I think you have the wrong John. Alive Cooper was a member of the so called "Hollywood Vampires", other members were: Keith Moon, Ringo Starr, Micky Dolenz, Harry Nilsson and John Lennon.
Maybe I am wrong, it's hard to make out who that is, but he was mates with Elton and David Cassidy (uh).

If it's not Elton in the photo I give in, that's my best guess.

It could be Reg Dwight with Vince Furnier, BTW there was a documentary about AC recently - apparently in the late 60-early 70s he was a mega star (before my time).

It could be Reg Dwight with Vince Furnier, BTW there was a documentary about AC recently - apparently in the late 60-early 70s he was a mega star (before my time).
That's when he was making The Motor City his home. I saw him numerous times in that time period, all in MI. His stage props and persona got the sanctimonious adults in a real-tizzy. Entertainment, folks!

Saw a double concert with Alice Cooper and Scorpions. Alice was spot on with his performance. Did his guillotine act to close. And he brought his boa to open. Scorpions....like the music, was excited to see them in concert....failed to deliver. Yea they did their set, but there was no energy behind it.

Latest posts

Back