finaly found the color i was searching for .. what do you think ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
finaly found a gold paint that looks like anodonized gold
Fcr intakes were just the beggining
thinking of painting the bike black satin after this color discover lol

what do you think ?

Attachments

• IMG_20131227_163042.jpg
    IMG_20131227_163042.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20131227_163054.jpg
    IMG_20131227_163054.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20131227_163114.jpg
    IMG_20131227_163114.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20131227_163115.jpg
    IMG_20131227_163115.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20131227_163122.jpg
    IMG_20131227_163122.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 63
You need to do some pin striping on your bike w/that , & have-yourself a "John Player Norton" livery-style design. F1 and motorcycle road racing of a certain time both used this and they were very handsome cars/bikes.

I don't care that-much for a black bike as there are so-many of them, but something like that, would stand-out.

yes it is a coplicated procedure they had to chrome polish first then colored then i think clear coat with powder coating . something like that. cause i am in to colors and paints this man didnt reveal the secret too me even though i asked him lots of questions to understand how is this possible but with no effect.

Start reading here:
http://selvedgeyard.com/2009/05/06/kenny-howard-the-pinstriper-known-as-von-dutch/

about one of the most-prolific stripers, ever. Many of the old-time car customizers used pinstriping as a means to keep the customers rolling-in. Not everyone could afford a custom styled car, bike, or truck, but everyone could afford to throw some $ at pinstriping your ride. Pay for what you can afford, you could always add more later. Here is a shot of the man himself, working in the shop of the guy who doubled for Steve McQueen jumping the barbed-wire fence in that famous scene from the "Great Escape" movie, a true-story based version (w/Hollywood-liberties, natch) of American and British POW's during WW II.

vd_ekins.jpg

In one of my books there is a great story about a customer who brought his car to Ken Howard for some work to be done. "Von Dutch" would turn-down a prospective customer if he didn't like the guy, and Ken also got to the point where he would do what he wanted, based on what the customer was willing to pay. In other words, you gave the artist your $, and your ride, and he'd give it back when he was done, w/what he decided to paint on it. You didn't tell him what you wanted, he did what he wanted to do.

So, this guy drives into the shop w/a car, pays his money, and a bit later is told, "come-get your car, it's done." When he gets there, he doesn't see any external pinstriping on the car's exterior. Nothing, nowhere. He slides into the driver's seat, and as he's looking around, he notices a musical note or two by the radio. Looking further, he sees they seem to be leading to the ashtray (remember those?) whereupon he pulls-out the ashtray, and sees that Von Dutch had painted a symphony orchestra inside the ashtray!

Authenticated Von Dutch painted works can sell for 5 or 6 figures. He was also a gunsmith, blacksmith and engraver who made his own firearms and knives, and who elaborately decorated them.

At that web link, be sure to check-out some of the other content, cool stuff for those of us who grew-up in the '50's-'70's! Lots of motorcycling-related content there as well as lifestyles of the era. Great pics!

I was searching this color I don't know for how long now I have to feed the monkey again. Thanks for the good words. I am courious how it will end on the bike and how the final looks will be. I have a very strange mind

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

George that seems to be chrome powder coat. Its been discussed before. Look for it on google

You need to do some pin striping on your bike w/that , & have-yourself a "John Player Norton" livery-style design. F1 and motorcycle road racing of a certain time both used this and they were very handsome cars/bikes.

I don't care that-much for a black bike as there are so-many of them, but something like that, would stand-out.

Always liked that combo of colours as a youngster watching the JPS F1 cars
and have that flavor on a couple of custom bikes past and present which is ironic really as I'm completely colour blind.

Back