Fire call from hell!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the idiot in the vw, it took him awhile to figure out being that close to that much shrapnel wasn't a goos idea.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Wonder why that car close to the event didn't move? Did the driver abandon the vehicle?

Something similar to that but much larger happened in Dallas a few years ago when a huge propane tank facility caught fire near downtown and sent hundreds of various size burning propane tanks flying thru the air for hours. They flew for long distances and caused a shutdown of the whole area. Most of the vehicles in the immediate area were melted from the intense heat.

Firstable...russia so anything goes LOL
Next...the lorry driver caused the whole thing by hitting the bus in a front of him.
You can see he was driving way too fast and propably drunk too.
0:26 he luckily fled...

Wonder why that car close to the event didn't move? Did the driver abandon the vehicle?

Something similar to that but much larger happened in Dallas a few years ago when a huge propane tank facility caught fire near downtown and sent hundreds of various size burning propane tanks flying thru the air for hours. They flew for long distances and caused a shutdown of the whole area. Most of the vehicles in the immediate area were melted from the intense heat.

I remember seeing this on tv....some of those explosions were like nuclear blasts! :surprise:

The one that blasted off into orbit going off screen over the tree line was impressive!
....and to think that I drove around with a liquid oxygen tank that filled the cargo area of a full size 1 ton ford van around for years, yikes! We also carried 10 "e" and 2-3 "h" medical grade cylinders with it too. I'm sure that would of made a nightmare of a fire call too!

Many gases are under such great pressure the tops blowing off are like missiles. Add heat and wow! I wouldn't want to be riding on the side of that when it went down.
Steve-o

I counted about 70 tanks in that truck, if it was full. The pressure release ports on the tanks were doing what they're supposed to do, vent. The fact that there was a source of combustion to ignite the venting fumes is what caused the pyrotechnics. It would have been a lot worse if it happened in a tunnel or a parking garage. Those tanks I assume were LP gas tanks, but they could have been 300 ft3 acetylene tanks too. LP tanks are usually fatter, those looked narrow, like acetylene tanks.

You can see the plumes arising from the venting tanks. They must have suffered structural failures from the impact to fail as they did, probably ruptured seams where they were welded, and maybe valves being damaged. Plus, who-knows what kind of shape they were in, beforehand? It appears a lot of them were filled instead of being empty.

My Emergency Response Guide calls-for an evacuation radius of 800 ft. and 1.5 miles downwind for protection. Those were some foolhardy souls! "Use unmanned hose holders or water monitors, if this is impossible, withdraw from area and let fire burn."

I would have been gone in a flash. I would not make a good camara man if my life is in danger.

Yeah, he might have been....looks like he was toying with the thought of going back to it....NOT a good idea at all! :punk:

I don't know when it happened.

Yeah he was lucky. I bet he wishes he would have backed his car up before he got out :biglaugh:

That is definitely a scary situation. Doesn't look like the driver survived though.

Latest posts

Back