Fire damage repair electrical issues?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne z

Reaction score
OK, here's what's been done so far. Changed entire wiring harness as the original burned and fused together near the fuel pump. Had to replace pump relay before new pump would run.

After that It started instantly, but no ignition to the rear cylinders. Also, vboost doesn't cycle.

Diagnosis showed the pick ups and coils ohmed out good according to shop manual.

Figured it must be the igniter box. I contacted Sean and he sent me a kit that included used relays, switches and igniter box and coils and pick-ups, along with an upgrade ignition box kit and adaptor harness ect.

I swapped out the igniter box, still no fire at rear cyls. Changed coils and plug wires/caps. Still no fire at rear cyls.

What's left, pick-up coils? The ones installed ohm out exactly the same as the ones Sean sent me at 116 ohms off the 5th pin to all other pins.

Could my pick ups still be bad with good ohms reading? Or what's the chance of the replacment igniter being bad on the rear cyls too?

My next step before changing the pick ups is to check the orange and yellow coil wires for continuity between coils and igniter box. If they check out, I guess I'll try changing the pick ups, unless anyone has any other ideas.

Not sure about trying the upgrade igniton box kit, as I don't know it's cost or advantages yet.
All opinions and comments welcome.

Back