Firefighter tragedy in Arizona

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fought one of these back in the day....a meer spark in comparison to what those poor guys were dealing with but still....3 am, screaming wind, choking smoke everywhere, radios screwing up, trees crashing down all over....very scary shit for a firefighter trained in structure fires!

These people need our prayers and support. What a sad event.

This fire is not too far from where I am living now. Infact I have riden through the town of Yarnell many times in the past. The smoke was very heavy last night where I live and ashes were falling from the sky. Once it was dark out I could see the flames in the distance coming down the hill. We are all talking about it here at work and the main boss told the supervisors to watch their guys closely just in case they might have known one of the men that lost their lives in this fire. It is a sad day in AZ even though I didn't know any of these guys or don't think I do it still affects me just from being here.

G

As a former firefighter (Solon and Waterville, Maine fire departments) I can relate to the risks. I shall be praying for those lost, that the Lord shall take care of them, and that their families may be able to find solace in this time of horrible loss.

Prayers for everyone involved... Thank God we live in a country with so many brave service men willing to lay their lives down so we can live with the luxury we do.

Back