first challenge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
So all my kids were preoccupied with 4th of july stuff, I figured This would be a good time for me to get a ride in on my Vmax. I live in the Buffalo NY area so I took a nice senic ride along the Niagara river. I started along the 190 through buffalo to the robert Moses parkway in Niagara falls. That follows the river on the other side of the falls. As you go you can see the Niagara gorge, the power plant and some other things. Then I followed that around to Rt 18 which goes along lake Ontario. So It was a very enjoyable ride. So I'm on my way back home and I am in a town called Lockport. The main drag is 30mph with a lot of lights. As I'm going through town a couple of bikes come up behind me at a light. I know there harleys because they're doing the rev thing. I'm just going along and the one guy comes around me just driving along and I saw white lettering on the tank. At first I thought it said Ducati. We hit a light so he pulls right over in his lane to let me up side of him. It was a Buell. Ther were cars in front of us but he was playing around, getting after it a little. So We end up at a redlight, side by side. While we were sitting there waiting for the light to change, another bike pulled up from the oppisite direction. I think he got a good show. Neither one of us is revving or carring on, but we knew it was on. So the light goes green. WE both took off hard, I smoked my tire, let off and hit it again. At that point we were almost side by side, but as soon as my bike grabbed, I immediately went a bike and a half ahead of him then I backed off. We moved up to a 45 mph zone but still. I make my living with my license so I need to be a little careful. Any ways "WHAT A RUSH":punk: He did the typical "turn at the very next light thing. I guess that was the cherry on top for my 4 th of july ride.
Tim

Always good fun to play around with other bikes! Be careful with that license, don't want to loose the meal ticket.

Nice. I love humbling those kids on their crotch rockets. I have had the opportunity to do this a few times since I got my Gen 2. The latest was when I was riding down to the ferry dock from the office. A kid on a CBR1000 engaged me. He did the engaging at the stop light. I obliged of course, and that was the last that I saw the kid. At least until he made it to the dock. He pulled up, lifted his face shield, looking at my motor and said one expletive that rhymes with muck. I said "Not bad for a 50 year old fart? Eh kid? I'm not ready to give up the road to you yet. Keep up." That got a roar of laughter from all of the bikers, including the kid.

Its nice to hear when a guy, after losing, doesn't run away with his tail between his legs.
Tim

Back