First EVER mod complete !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
first Mod done 100000 more to go love this bike so far !!!!:eusa_dance:

OK i have put the correct gaps in the plugs on a nice fresh set turns out my original coils have never been firing correctly from plug chopping tests i have been doing all have the same color bar 1 the new kit seems to be working Fantastic at the moment.(great kit gannon):clapping:

on a bad note my bike is running lean as shit here is the plugs :damn angry:

Attachments

• 20130812_173527.jpg
    20130812_173527.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 64
first Mod done 100000 more to go love this bike so far !!!!:eusa_dance:

OK i have put the correct gaps in the plugs on a nice fresh set turns out my original coils have never been firing correctly from plug chopping tests i have been doing all have the same color bar 1 the new kit seems to be working Fantastic at the moment.(great kit gannon):clapping:

on a bad note my bike is running lean as shit here is the plugs :damn angry:

Actually that doesnt look too bad. If you havent done anything else to the bike, basically they are 1 step RICH from the factory. 152.5 jets vs 150's.

Here is a pic of how to read plugs that I found on this site...it will help a lot. So it looks like the A/F screws might be a little rich, but I run mine that way too, so the bike has better driveability in town.

Attachments

• sparkplug.jpg
    sparkplug.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 43
My set up is full kerker 4 into 1 system and a oval type k and n filter i have no idea if the jets have been touched

+1

That doesn't look too hateful at all, they look pretty good. If you feel your slightly lean, I wouldn't worry too much, the Vmax doesn't mind being a little on the lean side.

enc3.gif

yyuu.jpg

Oh i thought it looked lean but they seem OK from the information given great stuff guys this forum knowledge is fantastic i might put it on the dyno to see what my gas mixtures are just to be on the safe side

Nice chart KJ. Email me the fullsize pics when you get a chance. How much to make one of those bottle setups?

My set up is full kerker 4 into 1 system and a oval type k and n filter i have no idea if the jets have been touched

If you have a 4 into 1 Kerker you need to have larger than stock jets. If not you will be running too lean.

Incorrect. You need smaller mains to get more ideal a/f ratios. Of course this also depends on what airbox or intake kit you have. We've done hundreds of dyno's to validate this.

Yeah, we always will remember our very first mods we do.
My first mod to Woona was replacing the stock pegs for Kuryakyn Mini Daggers. Way better looking, and they feel better to me as well.

100000 more to go
Yeah... I know that feel
twilightsheepish.png

Incorrect. You need smaller mains to get more ideal a/f ratios. Of course this also depends on what airbox or intake kit you have. We've done hundreds of dyno's to validate this.

Oh, I would have never guessed that. Guess I should say my experience with Kerker exhaust is from my first V65. I put on the 4 into 1 and installed a stage 1 jet kit with K&N air filter. At first it wasn't right so I ordered main jets larger than was in the kit, no better. Someone suggested going smaller than stock, still not right. I ended up getting the best performance with the jets that came with the jet kit and using the stock vacuum springs instead of the ones that came with the kit. The only way I had to measure performance was by looking at the speedo after a set distance. That Kerker made the V65 run good but didn't sound as good as it does on the Vmav.

Back