First high speed thrill

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax

Reaction score
Hi all
Somehow end up a empty road in Yuba county California and hit the top speed and never fall below 130 mph I swear guys the mad max just kept pulling and never lacks the torque and hold the speed for about 20 miles I can’t express how good the v max beast thrill me long live the mighty max
Gorki

I briefly touched 150 miles on the German autobahn :oops: but that's no fun with only the small oem screen. I still had some left. I wonder what the real top will be since my ECU is flashed and restrictions are gone. ..

Living in the American southwest with extremely poor law enforcement, I routinely cruise the interstates here at 100+. Our interstate speed is 75 anyway. When there is no traffic ahead of me and I can see the median, I will push it to 125-130 with ease and hold it there. Maintaining those speeds on the Gen 2, I pull fairly good fuel mileage. Hovering close to the 30mpg mark.

Living in the American southwest with extremely poor law enforcement, I routinely cruise the interstates here at 100+. Our interstate speed is 75 anyway. When there is no traffic ahead of me and I can see the median, I will push it to 125-130 with ease and hold it there. Maintaining those speeds on the Gen 2, I pull fairly good fuel mileage. Hovering close to the 30mpg mark.
Welp. First I've felt jealous in a while. Thanks!

I'm an old timer and no longer bullet proof, so I seldom exceed the speed limit. Many years ago on my '87 VMAX I would periodically do 148 or so. (Yes '87.. It was originally a Canadian bike).

One time I was in Sturgis and my buddy's Duc broke down. So I told him to hang tight that I would ride back to Denver and get his truck and a ramp . I did the round trip in 12 hours. I even took time to shower in Denver and round up a ramp. Speed on the VMAX was pretty steady at 110 mph once I got out of the hills. In the truck on the way back was 90mph.

Fun times, and I lived to tell about it.

Back