First ride of the year, anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally figured out how to post full size pictures! (I enlarged the previous ones above).
However, I am not sure why this post does not appear in the daily recap I am getting on my phone.
Could this be the reason for the lack of response? Or is it that no one is riding in January ??:(
4SM1.jpg

I just put in 60 or so miles today. Would have been more, but it started to get pretty windy. I don't mind wind, it's the gusts. Still a decent day. Any time getting wind therapy is a good day.

I am not up to speed with Australian topography.....400m(1300ish feet) is the highest town there? Wow.....I live in the clouds compared to that at 1500-2100m(5000-7000ish feet). The ski towns frequently go to 2400m(8000 feet) on up. I know my VMax doesnt like the back side of my mountain which peaks out over 3000m(10000 feet).

Side note....Compared to where I live, that Max must love all the extra oxygen.

I am not up to speed with Australian topography.....400m(1300ish feet) is the highest town there? Wow.....I live in the clouds compared to that at 1500-2100m(5000-7000ish feet). The ski towns frequently go to 2400m(8000 feet) on up. I know my VMax doesnt like the back side of my mountain which peaks out over 3000m(10000 feet).

Side note....Compared to where I live, that Max must love all the extra oxygen.

Elevation is 1488M.
Its 400M to Town Centre

View attachment 70594 Beautiful weather but ... dangerous roads!:(
The rocks were actually in my lane just after the sharp turn with no visibility. I turned around to take the picture.

You should all get the "Waze" GPS-app where people can tag anything they see on/around the road (even cops) an then the next rider will hear a warning in the headset (if Waze is on and connected to speakers of course..)

You should all get the "Waze" GPS-app where people can tag anything they see on/around the road (even cops) an then the next rider will hear a warning in the headset (if Waze is on and connected to speakers of course..)

I agree, the Waze app is great …. except it does not work when your phone has no signal.

This particular section of the Santa Monica mountains has no cell signal (at least with my carrier) so it would not have helped.

My TOM TOM GPS works well (direct signal from satellite) and has some features like Waze, but not as good.

Either way, my eyes are typically not on my phone or my GPS when I am riding in the canyons (in this particular case it might have been a mistake ;)

I agree, the Waze app is great …. except it does not work when your phone has no signal.

This particular section of the Santa Monica mountains has no cell signal (at least with my carrier) so it would not have helped.

My TOM TOM GPS works well (direct signal from satellite) and has some features like Waze, but not as good.

Either way, my eyes are typically not on my phone or my GPS when I am riding in the canyons (in this particular case it might have been a mistake ;)

I only have the voice in my helmet (Cardo PackTalk) so I don't need to look down... been riding R1 (-03, -06, -08) since day one, so looking down was not an option...the VMax is my first "cruiser"..
But as you say bad reception can fuck it up, Waze is usually good at downloading potential problems along the route directly, and update when possible...but if you ride in free-mode (no route) then I think it might be a bigger problem with a bad signal as Waze can't download "ahead"...

Back on the subject : any more riding anyone? Pictures?
I got a notification that a member from Florida posted something saying that he rides all year round but I cannot see the post so he must have deleted it.
This is today at the local biker hangout :
VmaxJan20.JPG

I did do a small ride out yesterday with a friend but where it was supposed to be dry, it was actually intermittent drizzle so I had to use my Freewind instead as mister max is not allowed to play in adverse conditions, he deserves the finer days at his age :D

Back on the subject : any more riding anyone? Pictures?
I got a notification that a member from Florida posted something saying that he rides all year round but I cannot see the post so he must have deleted it.
This is today at the local biker hangout :
View attachment 70639
That was me that deleted post, because picture wouldnt upload. Yes, i ride every day, 80 miles roundtrip, on either my 92 vmax, 98 Softail, 07 KLR650, or if i feel like holding up traffic my 17 CRF250L. Lol (Ridiculously slow, but i got it for a song).

Back