• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fishing for a Faux Trade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Just throwing it out to see if theres any interest at all......

I have an '06 that has 5K miles on it. Stock paint scheme. Black with shift red flames. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 as far as stock paint goes. Great shape

Curious if anyone would be interested in a straight up trade for your BLACK faux. Must be in good conditon including the seals and foam bits on the underside.

What? No replies yet? I can't believe it. I had an all black that I had painted in the factory flame scheme in different colors! Let me see if I have a plain black. I know I have a few red shades. Might you consider one that I get painted? Can also do gloss black powdercoat that wears like iron, impervious to most chips and more scratch resistant than paint. I bought one like yours with minor damage and found the graphic is a sticker, not paint, thus unfixable by paint touch up. Sincerely, Patmax

Not sure about powdercoat on the faux:confused2: I thought it wouldn't be as shiny as a good paint job? It doesn't have to be the factory paint though. So, yes, you could paint your newly acquired yellow taz tin black and I'd trade :biglaugh:. As long as the metal is staight and no bondo and the paint is GOOD, I'm open to trade. I might want to keep the foam/rubber seals and clips from mine if the trade is old. Just strip it down and trade em bare.

You ever get those red stripe wheels you were looking for?

Sounds like we can work something out on the airbox cover. Yeah I got Taz thinking I would paint em up but the outside is just too nice. The underside has color but no clear so it is flat. I looked close for any repairs but there are none. It's complete with the foam, seals, latch, stickers and emblems. It doesn't appear you are in a huge hurry. Do you want me to go ahead and get it sprayed solid black and cleared? Just give me the word.
The wheel story goes like this. I got a great deal on a rear with a Venom 170 already mounted. Excellent shape! Got the front from Alabama fire salvage that I had to have striped so yes, I finally got it. In the interim while finding that set, I got a set of 85s that I had sent off to be stripped, remachined to remove the groove marks and custom painted gloss black then the red stripe added. When I got it back it was gloss black with multicolored metalflake. I was like WTF? So I have that set with no immediate plans of what to do with them. They look cool in sun and not so dramatic as to be distracting. Cosmic stardust or some name like that. I just don't want to throw Shinkos on them if I end up selling them. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Patmax

No, not in a huge rush. I have no idea when it will be ready to ride. Haven't heard from Gary on anything for awhile :bang head:.

I still have your email. I will take some pics of what I have and send them your way. I want to go over it and make sure I note any flaws and point them out. I don't want you to get any unwanted surprises. Once you get a look, we can go from there.

Thanks

Thanks Mike. Appreciate your consideration. I'll try to stop by my painter early next week and see if he can get me in. By the way, I am cool with you keeping your cover parts like the latch and rubber/plastic trim parts. I'm sure yours are probably fresher than the ones here. You do want me to pop the emblems off for paint job right? I've seen it done with them and still on and it is unsatisfactory if it were me. Just clarifying. Thanks again, Patrick

Latest posts

Back