fitting an alarm!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe4550

Reaction score
iv just spent the last 7 hrs trying to fit an alarm to my new 85 vmax finally got it fitted crammed in with all the wiring with a few mods 2 the scoops ect.

a question tho as the vmax has very very little space where hav people fitted alarms? (if you have them) am i missing any space for this stuff here?

thanks for any info!

Mine is squeezed under the dummy tank cover, against the rider side of the airbox (sorta imagine the bit in front of you between your legs when the cover is off). I don't have any photos, but will take one tomorrow if that helps in any way.

i just about managed 2 squeeze it in2 the left ahd "air-intake" scoop as i cudnt find any room under the dummy tank :/

I squeezed mine next to the front ignitors (or where they were for people with COPs) it's a tight squeeze but it fits in there, it's a great place because you cant get to it without taking off the scoop, relays and cover additionally it's hidden by the wires somewhat so the chance someone gets to it before it catches someones interest to why it's armed is very minimal.

I have the scorpio 900

I put my alarm under the rear seat where the tool kit [if I had 1] would go.I used double sided tape to hold it in place.Cheers Kevman.

After doing the COP's thing and switching to a Corbin seat there's enough room under my seat for a suitcase...one with wheels even...:biglaugh:

Just something to think about when contemplating an alarm...

Back