Fixing Headlight Wiring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gulrok

Reaction score
Alrighty.. so

I'm rewiring the headlight to remove the non-sense LED monstrosity that the PO put in. For one when the light was on low-beam there was just a small LED ring that glowed, no light. When it was on highbeam it was a DIM light that was unsafe to even ride with at night.

5f240b0d-c6d1-4512-afc6-a7152836da66.jpg

Here is the light so you get an idea of what it is.

After separating the harness I started working on reconnecting a new H3 plug, and released I have no idea where the smaller white, red and black wires go.

Secondly I don't have the wiring diagram to it so I'm wondering if someone else does.

Start here.

http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/V-Max%20service/service%20images/wiring_diagram_early19.gif

The factory bulb is an H4. That looks like it should have been an HID H3 bulb with a halo. Maybe the PO just did something wrong. There is usually a little 4W or something bulb in there to satisfy the running light requirement in many jurisdictions.

You're amazing. I realized it was an external harness actually added to the botched job.

Went to disassemble, and ended up finding everything I needed.

The old H4 ( Sorry I said H3 earlier.. ) plug is obliterated from the aftermarket stuff, but I'll just replace that and be on my merry way.

I really appreciate the diagram! I may remove all the wiring from the bike, and re-loom it for the hell of it. Clean it up, and make it nice again.

Latest posts

Back