Fj 1200 levers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarf717

Reaction score
Will 86 - 92 FJ1200 non abs levers fit the first gen Max? I have seen some listings say they do, and others list either Vmax,or FJ only :confused2: I have also seen listings which state 85-87 FZ750, 87-88 FZR1000, 86-89 FJ1200 (not 1100 or ABS) and 85-07 V-Max as fitments for levers

OK then. I did some digging around on the Motion Pro replacement lever site, and found that the FJ12 levers do indeed fit on the VMax.....but only the later version. 85 Max no. 07 Max, yes. I, for poops and giggles tried to see if they would work on a 92, and the Max, and FJ numbers matched indicating FJ levers would work on a 92 Max.... WTF? I also see that Canadian, and Euro models may have different masters than US bikes???

Why not just buy the anodized adjustable aluminums that are talked about in the fifty page thread about levers? You get short or long, adjustable/non adjustable and any color. Sounds like a no brainer to me. Maybe you are over thinking it. Why go to FJR levers on your Vmax masters? Is there some big benefit I don't know about?

i think hes trying to cross reference.

85-07 levers on vmax are all the same.

i'd get the cheapo ones from china that are in the thread you linked to above.

The reason Im asking is, I saw some replacement levers which stated they fit both the FJ12, and gen 1 Max's, as I was looking for some anodized Max levers, which I found no listings for. Only Gen 2 Maxs. SO..., I started to look for anodized levers for an FJ, and low, and behold I found a few! One vendor had them for like $27 bucks delivered, and they state they fit the early Max as well. I know it's only $27, I would even grab them if I had to modify them a little to get them to fit. Been done before. But I'm not going to get them, if for sure they are a no-go. Might as well put the 27 bones towards a set that is known to fit

Back