Fjr1300 rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and offset was complete shit! Rode great in a straight line and one side leaned over easily while the other almost felt like you ha to lift it "up" and over. Some additional grinding on the frame and splined adapter may have helped some but I don't think you'll ever get it close to center

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_150044.jpg
    IMG_20180414_150044.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 24
Get the right converted wheel, and don't fight your bike! The 'Max's reputation isn't the greatest for handling, though with attention it can be made much-better. It costs some $, however, to add two wheels (to do radials the best way) cartridge emulators, new front springs, and a better pair of shocks.

Brother FM; I have gold valves, springs and radials. A converted gsxr rear but was looking for a cheap conversion to lite 17". Sean; Is it too far right side? Thanks guys.

Vmax rear 5.5 X 17_02.JPG I have both 17" and 18" X 5-1/2" rear rims. Fronts can be made wider to match for radials at the width they're supposed to have to assume the correct posture on the rim. A too-narrow wheel will not allow the tire to "spread" as it's designed to do, though members on here run a narrow 110 X 18 front radial on the stock rim if they get a wider rear rim done.

This is a 17" X 5-1/2" weld-up. I also can get-made 18" X 5-1/2" rims, I have one of those on-hand now. The 17" is cheaper as it uses a used rim, while the 18" uses a new wheel with the VMax drive hub and rotor as a bolt-in. The 18" wheel/tire will come closest-to "filling" the rear fender, as it's probably an inch & a-half taller than the 17" wheel/tire, and is about 1/2" shorter in height than a stock 15 " 90-series aspect ratio stock wheel/tire.

PM me for more info.

Last edited:
I changed some FJR gears out for a customer and can't actually remember what ratio it was lol. I do have wheel options as well.

Back