FJR1300 wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvmax85

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried putting FJR wheels on a Vmax? If so, will it work and what problems did you encounter. Want to put on radials, but can't handle $2500 for a set of nice wheels to fit the max.

A used rear Kosman is what most of us who are doing the budget radials route choose. Use the stock front wheel w/a 110, no-wider, as the radial 110 is supposed to have a much-wider than the stock VMax width front wheel to get the maximum, optimal footprint w/a 3.5" width, typically.

Any way you look at it, two tires mounted & balanced & a used rear wheel is probably gonna cost you close to $900. I took my time to search for deals & was able to undercut that, but if you just are in a hurry, that estimate is about the minimum to do it. There are some guys on here from Europe who will custom-make 1 or 2 wheels for you, but w/shipping & etc, you will probably spend more than going the used-wheel route, the benefit is you can get exactly what you want.

If "cost-is-no-object," see Morley's Muscle and get those sweet Eye-Talian wheels which will end-up costing you a cool $2500 ready-to-roll w/new rubber. Since that is the epitome of radials, some people just gotta have-em!

See the sheet for stock widths.
http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/MaxInPrint/CycleWorldAug88/PAGE31.jpg

Has anyone ever tried putting FJR wheels on a Vmax? If so, will it work and what problems did you encounter. Want to put on radials, but can't handle $2500 for a set of nice wheels to fit the max.

If I remember correctly the rear wheel has a different offset, not too sure about the front one

G

The FJR takes a very significant amount of work to fit. And even then the wheel is way too far to the right causing it to handle extremely poorly. I do have a used 17" wheel set on hand and of course sell the Carr wheels that have been talked about.

I do also have a set of magnesium Dymags for sale with tires and rotors ready to bolt on.

Thought I would get more replies, but thanks to all that replied. Now my next question. Who wants to give me a price on what you have. I think I want to have 17's on front and back, unless ya'll know a reason for a different config. I also have a 2012 FJR1300A with 2,000 mi. for sale. Love the way it handles but it wears me out. Any REASONABLE offer will be considered. Already put 1" riser extentions on, not good enough for my ole back. Bike was bought new in August of this year.

Latest posts

Back