Flashed ECU and Engine trouble warning light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dundreary

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Vmax with flashed ECU, x-pipe and Akrapovic 4-2 exhaust.

The engine trouble warning light comes on, and stays on, but there is no error codes... When i access diagnostic mode, the D:60, D:61, D:62 and D:63 shows 0 or 00.

The company who flashed the ECU say it is definitely not from the flashing.

Anybody know how to solve this? Is the air/fuel mix too lean? The bike is "smooth" exept when I have constant speed. Then it's a little "jerky" (bearly noticable).

I found the CO adjustment too, and the values are 8, 0, 11, and 0 which i guess is correct. Shall I try to richen the air/fuel mixture by rising the numbers? Anyone tried this?

Best regards
Dundreary from Norway

Update:

I finally got it worked out.
After checking all the codes one by one, without finding anything abnormal, I spoke to a friend of mine who has another ECU.
He also has the program to program it and he wanted to know what setup I have, to program it for my bike. I knew all the modifications, but not what filter I have, so I checked and found a
clogged stock air filter..... (The dealer I bought the bike from, told me they just had it serviced, so it never crossed my mind... )I switched to a brand new K&N filter and went for a ride, but the engine trouble warning light was still on. I tried to switch ECU, but it would not start with that (Probably because it was meant for an US-model. I got error code 53.. )
When I put my own ECU back in the bike, the light went out! I rode it 300km yesterday and it was OK all day. I even got a Dyno run, yesterday. (187 rwhp)

Latest posts

Back