Flat Slide Manifolds?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Sean Morley has a high opinion of the flat slides. You might be better off just doing a Morley Muscle jet kit to a set of OEM carbs and save your money. The guy who took over for UFO in North Royalton Ohio may have manifolds for you if you really want to do it. I think it's now Star Rider Performance 1985-2007 Vmax - Fuel Systems - VGAS - Page 1 - Star Rider Performance
I don't see them listed separately, a call or email might get you some.

From speaking w/you at Boxenstopp's in the past, I know you would like to have the bling of the VGAS-type setup. However, there's more to-it than getting the manifolds. Then you have to configure mounting them together, whatever enrichener you need for starting, admittedly not as-much of an issue here in Florida as it would be elsewhere. But then you have the cables actuation, the cables themselves, etc. Take a look at what Star Rider lists for their Keihein system. You might be better-off sending the carbs to them, and paying the piper to have them ready to-go, as a bolt-on. Also remember that there are issues related to the air filtration as-in, if you think the piece of gauze with an elastic band is gonna adequately-protect your engine, no, it won't. The scoops which fit the VGAS system may-have some filtration, I dunno for-sure. Looks like they may-not be manufacturing them anymore, as the pair they have in the online catalog is listed as, "the last one" (pair). Ram Air Scoops (85-07 All)

These boys aren't cheap: 'Mikuni' 40mm Flat Slide Carb. Conversion (1200)
I did the VGAS flat slides kit and 18" rear wheel with a 190 from star cylce, along with other mods I did . I like it but I agree with you on modding the original carbs . I rebuilt my originals but I wouldn't switch them back. The Flat slides always gets a lot of attention. Takes a heavy wrist to operate them though.

Last edited:
I did the VGAS flar slides kit and 18" rear wheel with a 190 from star cylce along with other mods I did . I like it but I agree with you on modding the original carbs . I rebuilt my originals but I wouldn't switch them back. The Flat slides always gets a lot of attention. Takes a heavy wrist to operate them though.you need to get the springs from star rider they will make your throttle 10 times easier to turn. Almost like a stock bike throttle

If you get the springs from star rider and put in place of the stock springs on the flat slides your throttle will be 10 times easier to turn damn near as easy as a stick throttle

You need two one for each set of carbs you get those your wrist will love you I promise

And what if? People like Morley, Harnish, Cornel, Warner, Gainey. Listened to other people that told them, man you shouldn't do that, your going to destroy your motor, it's a waste of money. Stick to factory, or use only this brand of parts? Only do this or it's a waste of time.
Would any of us have any VMax that is different from the others?
Diversity, Individualism, experimentation.
To boldly go where no man has gone before.
It's life man. You Live, You Learn. And If Your Lucky you look back at all you've lived through and say....
Man! What A Fuckin Ride! Let's do it again!
That's what I'm talking about! My VMax isn't for everyone but it's one of a kind.

I don't think Sean Morley has a high opinion of the flat slides. You might be better off just doing a Morley Muscle jet kit to a set of OEM carbs and save your money. The guy who took over for UFO in North Royalton Ohio may have manifolds for you if you really want to do it. I think it's now Star Rider Performance 1985-2007 Vmax - Fuel Systems - VGAS - Page 1 - Star Rider Performance
I don't see them listed separately, a call or email might get you some.

From speaking w/you at Boxenstopp's in the past, I know you would like to have the bling of the VGAS-type setup. However, there's more to-it than getting the manifolds. Then you have to configure mounting them together, whatever enrichener you need for starting, admittedly not as-much of an issue here in Florida as it would be elsewhere. But then you have the cables actuation, the cables themselves, etc. Take a look at what Star Rider lists for their Keihein system. You might be better-off sending the carbs to them, and paying the piper to have them ready to-go, as a bolt-on. Also remember that there are issues related to the air filtration as-in, if you think the piece of gauze with an elastic band is gonna adequately-protect your engine, no, it won't. The scoops which fit the VGAS system may-have some filtration, I dunno for-sure. Looks like they may-not be manufacturing them anymore, as the pair they have in the online catalog is listed as, "the last one" (pair). Ram Air Scoops (85-07 All)

These boys aren't cheap: 'Mikuni' 40mm Flat Slide Carb. Conversion (1200)
May be a pain in the ass to set-up but they damn sure look cool.

Back