Flat tracker Pics!?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnaVMax

Reaction score
Hey guys, my buddy is getting ready to start working on my vmax for me (i am currently deployed to Afghanistan) and i was thinking about getting the Flat tracker rear fender, and a pillion pad for my wife.

But i would LOVE to see some pictures of it on a max before i purchase it. I just can't seem to find any.

Anyone have a few i could take a gander at?!?! Thanks a lot guys!

I couldn't find one either.
I'm not sure of what your looking for, but here are a couple of thrown together, shopped pics with different flat tracker rears. One is from a Harley and the other is from a Yamaha MT-04 flat tracker concept.

Hope they help.

Attachments

• 2009-yamaha-vmax-44_460x0w.jpg
    2009-yamaha-vmax-44_460x0w.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 84
  • flat track.jpg
    flat track.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 99
Good job KJ , I don't know for sure what he means either . One of these days I'm gonna learn me how to do that there photo shop. :rofl_200:

Hey Magna , thanks for serving your country , we appreciate you . If you have a pic of what you want , I'm sure one of us can find you or build you what you want .

Hoo rah

Thanks for your guys help... But i finally found a picture. They actually have a picture of it on the exactrep site in their gallery and i looked right over it before.

Thank you KJ for the photoshop pics!

Hey guys, my buddy is getting ready to start working on my vmax for me (i am currently deployed to Afghanistan) and i was thinking about getting the Flat tracker rear fender, and a pillion pad for my wife.

But i would LOVE to see some pictures of it on a max before i purchase it. I just can't seem to find any.

Anyone have a few i could take a gander at?!?! Thanks a lot guys!
Here's my 95. I created the tailpiece myself by using the rear seat and loosing the rear fender. I plan to recreate the seat in a 1 piece flat track style seat but my fear is it might be very uncomfortable so I am probably just going to fuse both pieces together and have it upholstered. I'm super proud of the way it turned out. After I built this bike I found out that there are a lot of bikes out there that were built to look like a flat track bikes but are street legal. They call them "Street Trackers" The reason I went with forward controls which are not at all what flat track bikes have is because I have an artificial right leg and its super uncomfortable to ride with my leg folded up like that. All the street tracker bike builds I have found online stay with the mid controls and go with really cool aftermarket pegs. The number 47 is for my buddy, the original owner of the bike who sadly died when he was 47.

Attachments

• starbucks.jpg
    starbucks.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • starbucks2.jpg
    starbucks2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • starbucks3 (2).jpg
    starbucks3 (2).jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
Jeff, I think I recall seeing other pics of your ride, it looks great. It shows that you can have a different look from anyone else w/o spending a ton of $$$.

About the street trackers, here's one my friend was doing, which got a write-up in the bike magazine Cycle World. I know both these guys, I met the second through the first, many years ago, they remanufactured XS-650 Yamaha parallel-twins into street trackers.
https://issues.cycleworld.com/article/1998/10/1/ar-650-streetracker
1687405953268.png

If you're older, you probably recall Nick Ienatsch, a moto-journalist who was well-respected for his abilities with not just a keyboard, but also for what he could do as a rider.

Dave Robinson, one of the two principals in AR Streetracker, has quite a history in the motorcycle industry, he comes from a family of riders, including his sisters. Dave raced in Europe for Bultaco as a young man, and was a Kawasaki dealer later in western NYS. His brother Norm was a champion Speedway racer, and brother Mike is in the NY motorcycling hall of fame. Brother Tom operates a machine shop, and was also a successful racer.

Here's a BSA ad from the 1960's, with Norm and Tom featured.

BSA ad (2).jpg

Thank Phil That was a cool article. Im really enjoying the reponse Ive gotton to this crazy build. I've got the bike running almost perfect but it has a high rpm "sputter" thats driving me crazy. The different jets seemed to do the trick but maybe I need to replace the carb rubbers? Maybe my cheap amazon air cleaners are letting in too much air? Any ideas?

maybe I need to replace the carb rubbers? Maybe my cheap amazon air cleaners are letting in too much air? Any ideas?
Are you using four pod air cleaners? I'd try replacing the airbox if you still have it.

Which carb rubbers? The donuts on the top & bottom of the carbs, from the airbox, & to the VBoost? But I think you're using four air pods on-top, so issues with the lower donuts to VBoost? The aftermarket ones seem to work OK, and you could rig up a cheap pair of plates to test your donuts with some air pressure, you wouldn't need much, just enough to see if they were leaking. They develop superficial cracks, which don't go all the way through. Also just spraying them with starting fluid (the donuts) and seeing if the rpm's increase is probably quicker & doesn't require any fabrication of block off plates with suspect donuts off the bike.

You might try spraying the area where the VBoost manifold attaches to each cyl head. I've had bad O-rings there, and if you find one is bad, replace them all.

Back