Flatslide carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johni

Reaction score
Hi what is the best MIKUNI or KEHIN flatslide carbs for a 1300 hi compression vmax

The 39mm Vgas I do believe. Didn't ask to be honest. My numbers are also better than the PCW Flatslides which would be 41mm I believe, based on his website which recommends 41mm for 1425cc and larger. Would have to ask John Gainey at PCW to get an answer. John is recommending Sean's jet kit to be installed in the 1428cc engines like mine to his customers.

We just finished up a 1300 with 12:1 Ross pistons, ported heads and larger cams. The customer has UFO V-Gas on thier bike and it pulled pretty good. he switched back to stock carbs and our kit and he said it pulls differently but thinks it may actually be quicker. He is going to be in Topeka to validate both setups.

I rode it with the ufo's and it's pretty dang strong but has issues in areas. I think the fuel is pulling out of the carbs at higher speeds. Reg flats would not have this problem (I have one set of 41's left that I will be selling - but would like to sell it with the engine actually - 1500 longrod).

I haven't ridden it with the stock carbs yet. I estimate he is maybe low 150's on rwhp. We will see in a month!

Sean Morley

Back